So this guy is making a snowmobile video game

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty awesome. I've got an old one kicking around somewhere for the first gen Atari. It was just snowcross but I seem to remember my son having fun with it in it's day. This would be wayyyyyy better.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That game has a long way to go. Graphics are from the N64/ PS1 era.
Sled storm on the original playstation is still the best sledding game I have ever come across.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Graphics are awful but concept is good and the depiction of the core lodge riding area is spot on, pretty cool, if it gets to the point it's marketable it'd be worth a few bucks for chits and giggles to buy it and a gaming system

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That game has a long way to go. Graphics are from the N64/ PS1 era.
Sled storm on the original playstation is still the best sledding game I have ever come across.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

Yep sled storm was a kick ass game for its day, would luv to see a backcountry sledding game though, this one has some pretty awful graphics

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be awesome if like others have said with better graphics. I'd buy it just to try it but I think it has to come a long way to make this a hit. Plus, what kind of objectives would you have? All games have objectives, or missions, a guy would have to pull a rabbit out of his hat to make this entertaining and fun yet keep it realistic.

Sure would be cool tho if it had a wide choice of sleds, and you could customize them like in the real world, turbos, suspensions, graphics, everything. I've always wanted someone to make a game like this, well this is a good start. Props to the guy making it!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This game does have a very long way to go. Unfortunately I don't see there being a big enough market for a backcountry game on any system out there, but a mobile game could certainly fly. Controls for gas and brake and steering, and tilt to lean.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be awesome if like others have said with better graphics. I'd buy it just to try it but I think it has to come a long way to make this a hit. Plus, what kind of objectives would you have? All games have objectives, or missions, a guy would have to pull a rabbit out of his hat to make this entertaining and fun yet keep it realistic.

Sure would be cool tho if it had a wide choice of sleds, and you could customize them like in the real world, turbos, suspensions, graphics, everything. I've always wanted someone to make a game like this, well this is a good start. Props to the guy making it!
Have different modes. Could have a hill climbing campaign, where you race in the Hill Climb circuit, get money to upgrade your sled. You could have a free ride mode where you just do whatever you want in the backcountry. It's easy enough to throw up some tight spaced gates on a riding zone and make people ride certain lines, have it as a challenge mode or something.

tyman212

Reaction score
I'd buy it as is, as long as the physics are good which it looks like, could care less about graphics. Any snowmobile game where you can carve and wheelie and jump like that would be awesome. I want one .

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it looks awesome. You guys complaining about the graphics should give the guy a break he's an 18 year old kid programming this in his spare time. I'm sure having a good core set of physics within the game is the biggest thing he's concerned about right now. It's a lot easier to add a little polish to the graphics at a later stage in development than it is to band-aid poor physics and decision making.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Graphics are about the same as the wii snowmobile game. But still cool has better view angles and ride area than the wii I think though by the looks of it

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the physics need some work as well, but it is certainly getting there. The edit on the video was pretty poor when it first goes to gameplay, as it doesn't really show him going off the jump. He's certainly on to something there, but as is, I don't think I would buy it, even if it was a mobile game. If he could polish things up quite a bit, and improve a few things here and there, he could have a pretty good game.

So, I just read his website, and he is going to be putting it out free, looks like for PC only.

Last edited:

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will there be an option for other machines? The pro rmk would be like selecting a Volkswagen beetle in Need for speed video game.

You have a choice between Pro RMK and a Stock Phazer MTX.... :d

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will there be an option for other machines? The pro rmk would be like selecting a Volkswagen beetle in Need for speed video game.
From his website
"How many sleds are u going to put in this game? what brands yamaha, arctic cat, ski-doo, lynx?Since the game is never gonna be completly finnished the number of sleds will grow the longer the game is alive and there will not be accual brands in the game due to the fact that I need a licence to have them and it probbaby very expensive or very hard to get that."
SledSimulator

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I would think that if BRP were an option it would have to be available in french and on wide screen to accommodate that 16" track!!!! :)

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea obviously the graphics arent that great but like someone pointed out its just some kid doing it on his spare time.

if the physics are good it would be a fun game to kill ten-twenty minutes on just free riding around.

malinowski3

Reaction score
could be my favourite game to date just for the fact its backcountry sledding could have an option when u get stuck or hit a tree you guy has to dig it out or if you wreck a helicopter comes and flys it out, could be real cool, props to the guy making it!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
it is no small task for any individual to take on any game. Good on him for giving it a try. Could be a great seller!

Top Bottom