So the scrambler is dead, buying a new quad again.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
KWIK, where are you finding your specs. I may be wrong, but here's what I found :

HP - Rene 1000....82 hp. Scrambler 1000....89 hp.
GC - Rene....10.5". Scrambler.....11.5"
RR Susp. travel - Rene....9.3". Scrambler....10.5"
And to top it off, the Scrambler uses the BEST awd system in the industry. Both are great machines, but it would seem the PoPo offers a little more out of the crate. Plus, the Scrambler is narrow through the midsection, so it doesn't feel like you're riding a Clydsdale (or a donkey in the Rene's case ;) ).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rider is everything in the mud. A lifetime of off roading bikes. Trucks. Jeeps. Quads can make any quad look good. I take my big tires off my reny 1000 and run the the stock hole shots. I still rarely get stuck and if I do I let off the gas in time to allow myself to push the quad and get moving again. I never go around holes and still go 100's of km without winching. And when the trails are dry the little tires handle great and the its too da loo and I'm gone. I'm not a Polaris fan but these debates make me want to buy a Scram1000 and then I can talk. I have had 2 popo side by sides and with the miles I ride they last about 6 months before a tranny or motor went. Or the cv joints breaking. Premature bushings worn. wheel bearings, rusty throttle cables, water pump impellers that wear out, front did cages and many other issues that haunt polairs when I own one. Can am quads are hard to beat and super reliable. Riverside has been begging me to take a scram 1000 so who knows what's next. I'm pushing 3700 miles now on my current reny. The new scram looks good

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
KWIK, where are you finding your specs. I may be wrong, but here's what I found :

HP - Rene 1000....82 hp. Scrambler 1000....89 hp.
GC - Rene....10.5". Scrambler.....11.5"
RR Susp. travel - Rene....9.3". Scrambler....10.5"
And to top it off, the Scrambler uses the BEST awd system in the industry. Both are great machines, but it would seem the PoPo offers a little more out of the crate. Plus, the Scrambler is narrow through the midsection, so it does feel like you're riding a Clydsdale (or a donkey in the Rene's case ;) ).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk H ( SCRAMBLER 767 LB), (RENE 687LB)

Last edited:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Polaris offers more out of the box... great selling stats... but lets have a look at what is what here....

The first thing is Polaris has 7 more hp (engine) .... that relates to about 3 hp on the rear wheels.... 3 rwhp is ok if your draggin, maybe, but I have seen stock for stock can ams that have spanked the scrambler... depending on many factors thou... and scramblers spanking can ams too.....so many variables here with such a close hp spread.... so its to close to make a decision there... if you decide to mod then can am shines big time in the power department over the popo...

Next is the ground clearance .... ONE inch difference... one inch in real life riding is nothing.... all you need is a heavy person put his butt on a popo and that 1 inch disappears..lol...... and here its not here or there with one inch.... only one inch and I would say here the driver determines with skill who gets thru the mud hole and who does nt.....

1.2 inches of shock travel more on the popo is nice....any amount of shock travel is nice....but the Fox shocks the popo uses DO NOT have rebound adjustments and NO Hi/Low compression adjustments
so the entry level shocks that the Polaris run right now are not up to par with a full adjustable shock like Can am has.... I would rather have those then 1.2 inches of more travel....its just a matter of time before Polaris goes to a real full adj shock....wait... its coming...

The AWD system Polaris has IS the best 4 x 4 system, yes... but the QE is just as good....you get all four wheels locked in a second when you hit the throttle.. at the high lifter Mud Nats In texas.... stock for stock class... in 2 different mud pit events... popo never showed there AWD was any beter then QE visco....and we are not talking 4 or 5 machines... we are talking 10 to 15 stock machines...all 1000 popos....against can -ams..... not one podium finish... I guess all crappy riders on all those popo s.....lol

With the seat being narrow... well that's good thing but it did nt help one machine with representing on the poudium...in the mud ....

Weight wise the can-am weighs 80 lbs less.... less weight is always a good thing.... that 7 engine hp gets wiped out pretty quick with 80 lbs more on the frame....

But Yes you are right about all the stats on paper... stats on paper sell machines...

Look... I like the 1000.. I like all Polaris machines... they build a not bad product... I used to ride popo for many years before I smelled the coffee... so to say....

here is the thing... the 850 and 1000 scramblers still need a few more years of development before they will be a machine to be reckoned with...

not so with the SXS's ..... here Polaris has a good refined product.... and getting better by the year....

OH and speaking of mileage.... I have in 3 1/2 years 9700 K on my 2010 Rene....and put 6700 K on my 07 rene I had.....
and I have had just normal maintenance ... with some issuies of course ...... nothing more then others have with there po's or hams....
and for all my mileage I have run 25 inch horns.... and I have never been left behind .. mud or not...

I mean I don't bury myself in the deepest holes but anything that comes my way I usually get thru...and if I don't? well that's what a winch is for..

Last edited:

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rider is everything in the mud. A lifetime of off roading bikes. Trucks. Jeeps. Quads can make any quad look good. I take my big tires off my reny 1000 and run the the stock hole shots. I still rarely get stuck and if I do I let off the gas in time to allow myself to push the quad and get moving again. I never go around holes and still go 100's of km without winching. And when the trails are dry the little tires handle great and the its too da loo and I'm gone. I'm not a Polaris fan but these debates make me want to buy a Scram1000 and then I can talk. I have had 2 popo side by sides and with the miles I ride they last about 6 months before a tranny or motor went. Or the cv joints breaking. Premature bushings worn. wheel bearings, rusty throttle cables, water pump impellers that wear out, front did cages and many other issues that haunt polairs when I own one. Can am quads are hard to beat and super reliable. Riverside has been begging me to take a scram 1000 so who knows what's next. I'm pushing 3700 miles now on my current reny. The new scram looks good

after saying all that why would you even try a poo poo... unless it was free... great for the shop to push it on it... that way you can keep the shop owner rich with fixes...

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after saying all that why would you even try a poo poo... unless it was free... great for the shop to push it on it... that way you can keep the shop owner rich with fixes...

No kids and I like toys. If It turned out I didn't like it sell it quick and I would only lose a small amount of money, as long i as I don't add aftermarket stuff. Also I would never buy one without extra warranty added.

Last edited:

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might aswell build a bike that will last im trying to start a new model of can am not sure what to call it or what it will look like but if this works it should go through alot of mud

Toxic

Reaction score
Picked the quad up saturday, got the snorkel in, hoping to get rad moved after supper. Then to get tires mounted on the rims, been told bead locks are easy and the mounting fees are a rip off so guess I will find out.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mounting tires on beadlocks is not super easy... you still have to break the inside bead which can be a bugger.... but once you have the inside bead busted... the reat is a piece of cake....
the only way its super easy is if you buy aftermarket dual beadlocks....

Last edited:
Top Bottom