So the scrambler is dead, buying a new quad again.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am awaiting his honest feedback, in the mean time i will contemplate the outcome with a few CR / cokes.........

Toxic

Reaction score
I honestly already know that the outlander will not perform with my scrambler, not a guess its the truth I have ridden with more outlanders than anything. That said I have had my issues with Polaris machines and watched the guys on Can Ams break less stuff or at least easier stuff to fix. Try it out and if I hate it well then well I will figure it out later.

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well dude....I know you. And I know you run the schlit outa everything (you need to get with Rzr101...lol)....i suggest a Renny 1000. Clutch it, snorkel it and drive er.

You and The wife should come for a visit....you can check out my Renny and drink beer, gals can complain about husbands...
Well....apparently I only know the garage you use to work on yer rig...Hahaha. (PMs went back and forth...I recognized the garage in some of Toxic's pics and figured he was a bud....turns out he's a bud of a bud) Anyways....my opinion is still the same....and I like beer. LOL.

Last edited:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clutching is sooo much common sense.... take the dam cover off every 5 or 6 rides... blow out your clutches with compressed air ... check the belt ... ruff up the sheeves for a new surface now and then... clean clutches at the start and blowing them out with air is all you need... take apart then maybe once or twice a year... but if dirty or left unattended ... well your lookin for trouble nevermind the performance of the clutches goes way down when very dusty or even dirty....

any water intrusion on a ride should always be mandatory disassemble of both the primary and driven..... my primary and secondary are like the day I put them on....9700K ago.....never replaced the one way either...

and if you want the best performance out of both clutches ... springs in both clutches lose there tension after time and mileage and therefore change your starting and finish rate of the springs making the clutches perform not as good as if the springs where new....

another thing is knowing throttle control in different situations.. really to know this takes years, even thou some might not think so.... your thumb can either cost you money or save it...lol .. thinking about using throttle control or knowing about when to use it... that's the ticket to a good rider..

Last edited:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also beg to differ on the outlander NOT performing as good as the scrammy.....proof is everywhere... I could write a page of outlander wins in all types of racing especially mud where the scrammy do not hang at all with the outtys or renegades....

the polaris 1000 is doing good in the dessert series and places well ... in mud racing ... lets just say popo goes home more with its tail between its legs in pro and am racing in the CMR championship series racing...

in GNCC the 1000 is not used cause cc limit is 850.... the scrammy 850... is doing not bad... but lots of break downs... but last weekend Rick Cecco handed Polaris a 2 nd place finish at Snowshoe ski resort ....

Now the SXS 's hold there own ...and shine in the dessert series along with terracross racing.... in GNCC its back and forth for popo and can am....

but in the mud series its just not as strong as the mavericks are ... even in pro where the open class as use NOS... the mav's seen to just have the edge in the power department ...

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Careful mark

The poo laide owners are going to bla bla bla that ur wrong, and what does racing ect have to do with here

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Careful mark

The poo laide owners are going to bla bla bla that ur wrong, and what does racing ect have to do with here

We are all out trail riding. No time for bla,bla bla

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best line of the weekend......goes to RZR 101.

When your 40000$ maverick won't run with 40k on it and it goes into PPS limp mode....
When the owner asked what's that, Andy replied....
"purchase Polaris soon"

This in no way reflects on current gncc
Results.....

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
And the broken parts. I know, I miss that ever time I ride the Renny.....

I'll be honest: I think the Scrammy is probably a higher performing machine ....but PoPo has a lot to learn about longevity.

I thought I burnt the crap outta my belt the other day....pulled er all apart today; shes beauty... 2 seasons on that belt and looks new.

I don't think anyone is truly working on longevity any more... if they did their service guys would be like the maytag man. They make tons selling parts and service. And they want you to wear it out, so they can sell you a new one again... just sayin

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong ... I love the popo's.... but what you have to remember is that everything you drive has been developed by racing teams... there is no way a manufacturer knows whats what unless its tested in a brutle environment .... feedback is great for the manufacturer on development of the product... if this was not so... car, quad, motorcycle companies would not stick a dime into things like nascar. drag racing, any type of racing....

the technology you drive now in your truck or car or whatever you drive comes from the racing world...look at the companies that don't stick a cent into any performance programs... well you can see that Honda, Yamaha, Kawi, AC ( sorry Neville...lol but they are getting better ..haha ) ... just are not even close to companies that spend million on these programs.. its just not for ****s and giggles... its development that they need to progress....

but one thing they all do... is roll forward on there tires.... and lots of peeps just care about rolling forward and don't give 2 hoots about performance.. which is fine... each there own... if this was the case we all would be driving smart cars and 6 cylinder trucks....lol

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly Mark most of us really could care less about who wins gncc or any other race...............Some of our best rides dont get over 25 mph..........lol.....
To each there own,but i think you are confusing factory sponserd racers with the average weekend mud ripper !! There is a huge difference,and as YOU put it some brands spend a lot more than others........Thus altering the outcome.......and skewing the real world results...IMO

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But he's right on the racing and technology that comes from it and what we get from it

For all manufacturing, including aftermarket stuff

The ones that race there stuff are way ahead with experience

Look at ur wildcat

With out the racing, the suspension ect would be like a 04 a.c 650 quad still, hard as a rock

Toxic

Reaction score
I also beg to differ on the outlander NOT performing as good as the scrammy.....proof is everywhere... I could write a page of outlander wins in all types of racing especially mud where the scrammy do not hang at all with the outtys or renegades....

the polaris 1000 is doing good in the dessert series and places well ... in mud racing ... lets just say popo goes home more with its tail between its legs in pro and am racing in the CMR championship series racing...

in GNCC the 1000 is not used cause cc limit is 850.... the scrammy 850... is doing not bad... but lots of break downs... but last weekend Rick Cecco handed Polaris a 2 nd place finish at Snowshoe ski resort ....

Now the SXS 's hold there own ...and shine in the dessert series along with terracross racing.... in GNCC its back and forth for popo and can am....

but in the mud series its just not as strong as the mavericks are ... even in pro where the open class as use NOS... the mav's seen to just have the edge in the power department ...

Honestly Mark most of us really could care less about who wins gncc or any other race...............Some of our best rides dont get over 25 mph..........lol.....
To each there own,but i think you are confusing factory sponserd racers with the average weekend mud ripper !! There is a huge difference,and as YOU put it some brands spend a lot more than others........Thus altering the outcome.......and skewing the real world results...IMO

Quoted both for a reason, I don't race we never see who goes through the mud hole faster but rather who gets through it when the other guys can't. Plain and simple the scrambler has a better 4wd system and more ground clearance with neither bike lacking the power to turn the tires the results are a given. 9/10 all things being even I will say the popo goes through more than the Can-Am.

And sorry I actually never got a pick of the scrambler but it wasn't much to see, didn't look that bad steering took the brunt of it, frame bent but not visable, even plastics didn't look that bad. Never dreamn't before I took it in that it would be a write off.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quoted both for a reason, I don't race we never see who goes through the mud hole faster but rather who gets through it when the other guys can't. Plain and simple the scrambler has a better 4wd system and more ground clearance with neither bike lacking the power to turn the tires the results are a given. 9/10 all things being even I will say the popo goes through more than the Can-Am.

My point exactly...........thank you !

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I must be of a different bread then....lol

not saying that I don't like to ride slower or even have 100 breaks and bull ****ting .... I do not mind it... I do lots of rides that are as slow as some of you guys do.. many times.... BUT

I still enjoy the competiveness of racing, which I still do and the socializing with the racing crowd.. I love to follow the circuits out there and even attend a few... When you delve into this sort of thing you see the sport in a whole different way then just rolling on 4 wheels forward, so to say...

there are not many of us around anymore... lol

I mean who cares, right? When we are all out trail riding and everyone is having fun... know one gives two hoots about performance .... we all get from A to B... its a personal thing... its feeling acceleration and handling that only the driver feels....not the other riders.
kinda makes stock machines a bit boring to ride again....

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but one thing they all do... is roll forward on there tires.... and lots of peeps just care about rolling forward and don't give 2 hoots about performance.. which is fine... each there own... if this was the case we all would be driving smart cars and 6 cylinder trucks....lol

I don't (and won't) drive a Smart car, but I do love my six cylinder Cummins ! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
JUst not true... was true before the QE visco came out on the hams.....

the popo's system is not better then the QE visco....if anything they are equal......

you can get any ground clearance you want on either bike...

and don't even start on power...lol

its all opinion and no facts...

Last edited:
Top Bottom