So found out today the reverse doesn't work!?!? Not even 1 km on the sled

Brappp306

Reaction score
So my dad just bought a new HCR 1100 turbo. We picked it up about a week ago and today we decided to pull it out of the trailer, to put it in the shop. But guess what happened when we went to back it out of the trailer lol... we found out the f**cking reverse doesn't work! There isn't even twenty minutes running time on the sled, has this happened to any of you??? I sure had a fun time bugging him today why I ride Ski-Doo haha

Last edited:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my dad just bought a new HCR 1100 turbo. We picked it up about a week ago and today we decided to pull it out of the trailer, to put it in the shop. But guess what happened when we went to back it out of the trailer lol... we found ou the f**cking reverse doesn't work! There isn't even twenty minutes running time on the sled, has this happened to any of you??? I sure did have a fun time bugging him today why I ride Ski-Doo haha

Electric start or pull start?
I thought my rer on my sled was buggered this fall, but turns out I had a wire on my battery not hooked up right.

sent from a phone

Brappp306

Reaction score
I thought my rer on my sled was buggered this fall, but turns out I had a wire on my battery not hooked up right.

sent from a phone
I'll have to check that for him, It sounded like it wasn't catching or something.

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a service bulletin or an advisory not to use reverse till you get the fix. I believe it was a new shim and spring. Check with your local dealer.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

sent from a phone
1100 four stroke probably has mechanical reverse.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my buddy had the same issue, less than 1 mile on it.then all of a sudden it wouldnt even go forward. None the less he is pissed and ready to give the sled back cause the dealer is waiting for parts for a week or more.

sledhead80

Reaction score
Underdog, you didn't just ask if you could pull start a 4 stroke? Or imply that a 4 stroke could run in reverse? Did you? If you did please read a bit better and leave your sub par advice out of the forums as it is no help. As far as the issue goes it is in your chaincase, it's a problem with your spring or gears.

Last edited:

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Underdog, you didn't just ask if you could pull start a 4 stroke? Or imply that a 4 stroke could run in reverse? Did you? If you did please read a bit better and leave your sub par advice out of the forums as it is no help. As far as the issue goes it is in your chaincase, it's a problem with your spring or gears.

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing.

Sudsy

Reaction score
Yep again as said, there is a service bullitin for this fix. Hopefully he didnt strip out the gears when he put it in reverse. Apparently some of the M1100s including mine are missing a small bushing inside of the "case" (dont know the correct term). I have seen what the fix is and what happens if you put it in reverse without it. Hopefully everything works out for him, its a shame that two small bushings can cause such damage.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First thing I noticed as well, doo guys hey.........., always the bottom of the class....... LOL, I kid I kid

AJG

Reaction score
The first thing my dealer told me when i picked up my 1100t was don't put it in reverse because some of them have this problem, not all of them, but until they find out the serial numbers of the ones that need to be fixed it's best not to try it. You'd think other dealers would be aware of this and pass on the message.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would they turn the unit over to you without being able to test the functionality ie start they sled and drive it forward and backwards....

I wanted one of these new sleds, but every time I buy something new the first year out, it's nothing but problems, so I waited.....

The first thing my dealer told me when i picked up my 1100t was don't put it in reverse because some of them have this problem, not all of them, but until they find out the serial numbers of the ones that need to be fixed it's best not to try it. You'd think other dealers would be aware of this and pass on the message.

AJG

Reaction score
Why would they turn the unit over to you without being able to test the functionality ie start they sled and drive it forward and backwards....

I wanted one of these new sleds, but every time I buy something new the first year out, it's nothing but problems, so I waited.....

When I picked up the sled, I talked with the mechanic who put it together. He functioned tested it forward and back, and it was fine. They're just taking precaution and telling guys to try not to use the reverse until they find out which ones actually need to be fixed.

Sudsy

Reaction score
I know i am waiting for AC to tell me if mine has the bushings for the springs. I seen what happens to the gears when it binds up and i dont feel like replacing internals yet.

Top Bottom