Snye park, fort mac, thursday

mustange70

Reaction score
Snye park, fort mac, saturday

Gonna be heading out on the river/trails off snye park on thursday in fort mac. looks like its going to warm up finally, anyway i'll be there with my franken quad (sled powered scrambler), and i have 2 other guys from work coming, looking to be there about noon, so if anyone else want to tag along post up :D.

mustange70

Reaction score
Re: Snye park, fort mac, saturday

bumping back to the top, planing on going playing friday & saturday, planning on being down there noonish, so if anyone wants to join, there lots of room, i have trough till sunday, so anytime really will work (busy fixing thing tomorrow though).

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i used to ride there all winter on my old raptor and yfz 450. could wheelie from the road to mac island all the way to the berm at the clearwater in one shot, thats no cheater wheelies either. quads were studded up of course.

mustange70

Reaction score

yeah its a fun place, good for wide open tunning runs and all sorts of stuff, good way to get to lots of trails.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yea, better on sled for sure, runnin to the falls, or to the ski hill or anywheres for that matter. but i used to go screw around all the time down there, cops and bylaw dont bother you either, often they pull put their radar guns to clock ppl to see how fast they can run

mustange70

Reaction score

thats funny with the radar gun, i'll try to give them a wtf moment as i burn by doing 160 lol. I'm curious if the river actually falls under the same reg's as running on crown land?

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yea its all the same, cant get away with anything different on the river. i know husky at AMP used to allow sleds to come off the river to fuel up. just dont be a jack azz and you will be fine.

mustange70

Reaction score

Yeah i've met a few of the cops that keep an eye on this stuff, pretty chill guys as long as you're not being a dumbass, thanks for the info, any chance you'd be up for meeting me down there? (looking like 1ish now)

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yeah i've met a few of the cops that keep an eye on this stuff, pretty chill guys as long as you're not being a dumbass, thanks for the info, any chance you'd be up for meeting me down there? (looking like 1ish now)

naw man, i live in kelowna now, moved away almost 6 years ago. born and raised there, spent many of hours riding every inch of trails mcmurray has to offer. i lived at saprae creek for 8 years, so it was all my back yard

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thats funny with the radar gun, i'll try to give them a wtf moment as i burn by doing 160 lol. I'm curious if the river actually falls under the same reg's as running on crown land?

In edmonton there is an area to ride @ the river. It of course is crown land. If you happen to get caught from the rcmp or by-law cops ridding thru the water in the summer you can get a huge ticket. But in the winter riding on the ice I have no idea. I don't think it would be patrolled.

Top Bottom