Snowpulse Service Bulletin!!!

Snowpulse

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Mammut/Snowpulse has just released a service bulletin affecting all 2.0 avalanche airbag systems from 2011-2012 season through to the 2013-14 season.

"Individual feedback and intense subsequent inspections have shown that in very rare cases the connection between the release mechanism and the venturi box in our avalanche airbags may come loose at very intense use. Since Mammut/Snowpulse cannot exclude that the error may cause loss of function when using the airbag, Mammut/Snowpulse asks all customers to retrofit the connection in the avalanche airbag with a specifically developed Venturi clip. This clip prevents the connection from coming loose.

All Mammut / Snowpulse airbag systems of the production seasons from winter 2011/2012 up to and including winter 2013/2014 are affected. Items from the product season winter 2014/2015 and all models up to and including winter 2010/2011 are not affected for constructional reasons and do not have to be retrofitted.
The detailed list of which products are affected by the re-equipment call and how you can order the for free venture clip can be found in the enclosed documents or on www.mammut.ch/venturi-clip (online from 07.01.2015)."

For information on this, consumers, retailers, fleet managers and athletes can all be directed to any of the following:

o The “venturi clip home page” (to watch the video make sure to turn subtitles “ON” to English in the youtube settings) The order form, FAQ and info PDF’s that you can post in a shop or use to send to someone are along the right margin.

o Direct link to the online order form:

For retail customers it is best for them to fill in the order form which can be found here and the distributor will ship the venturi clips directly. This is something that is easy for the customer to install themselves and they do not have to stop using their airbag in the meantime. This is pre-emptive action and there are no known cases of any injuries due to this issue.

We thank you for your continued support.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will have to check my avy vest

Is it part of the recall also, bought last fall -winter in December

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Click on their service bulletin link and it'll show you how to find the date on yours. My vest is winter 12/13 and needs the clip. I clicked on the last link on the post and ordered it. Piece of cake.

Good post from the guys at Avalanche Safety Solutions. Thanks! :)

Last edited:

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my vest needs it so im thinking yours does to !!! just watch the video and it will show you where to find the date

I will have to check my avy vest

Is it part of the recall also, bought last fall -winter in December

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, mine is w13-14 and needs clip.... Easy sent order in

Hope it's easy to do

Snowpulse

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Basically the only packs that DO NOT need this update are this year's packs (2014-15). The only packs that are guaranteed to be from this year and thus don't need to be checked are the Highmark Pro and Highmark Vest in BLACK. This is a new colorway for this year and didn't exist last year. Even if you bought a grey pack this year you should still check the date. It might have been stock held over from last year. It is a very easy fix and will take you less than 5 minutes to complete.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Basically the only packs that DO NOT need this update are this year's packs (2014-15). The only packs that are guaranteed to be from this year and thus don't need to be checked are the Highmark Pro and Highmark Vest in BLACK. This is a new colorway for this year and didn't exist last year. Even if you bought a grey pack this year you should still check the date. It might have been stock held over from last year. It is a very easy fix and will take you less than 5 minutes to complete.
Thanks,

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just used your link and everything went very well.

could not find a date on my pack so guessed on my purchase date

Snowpulse

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Production Date Location.jpg
Here is where you can find the production year of your pack. The only 2.0 packs exempt from this advisory are W14-15.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Order clip was my in mail box when I got out of camp :)

Great service

Last edited:
Top Bottom