snowpulse improvement

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought an older snowpulse bag a couple years back and I'm sick of not having a shovel blade and handle holder on the outside. I'm wondering if theres a shop in edmonton that could outfit my existing bag with a pocket like most others? Any ideas? I thought of running an elastic string through the loops and I'm sure it would work but a pocket with snaps and a handle holder would be handy!

Also can the older orange fabric loop trigger be updated to the new red T handle? Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

trigger1.jpg

Attachments

• snowpulse.jpg
    snowpulse.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 178
  • trigger2.jpg
    trigger2.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes to the handle update. Avalanche Safety Solutions in Golden can help you with that.

I gave my old snowpulse pack to my son when I bought my vest. Now that I have outside storage for my shovel and probe, I find I actually preferred it on the inside. To each his own I guess.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stitchery and more in nisku … i had them add a shovel handle holder on my old pack a few years back

Snowpulse

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that orange loop can not be updated to the T-grip handle. The cable lengths are quite different, and it does not work properly. The black/red loops that came out a year or two after the pack shown in the picture can be updated to the folding T-grip.

As for the sewing... I'm not sure who to recommend in your area. Find a good quality seamstress that can do proper bartack stitching in order to properly anchor your shovel. You don't want your shovel to be ripped off the first time it snags on something. I am very familiar with your pack and in my opinion there just isn't enough space on the front panel to properly attach a shovel. But... it all depends on your shovel size and how good/creative your seamstress is.

Good luck!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that orange loop can not be updated to the T-grip handle. The cable lengths are quite different, and it does not work properly. The black/red loops that came out a year or two after the pack shown in the picture can be updated to the folding T-grip.

Well there you go. I didn't know there was a difference. Thankyou.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that orange loop can not be updated to the T-grip handle. The cable lengths are quite different, and it does not work properly. The black/red loops that came out a year or two after the pack shown in the picture can be updated to the folding T-grip.!

Well I guess I better check my old bag. I updated the Orange handle to the T handle last year. Test pulled it once and had no problem. Will it work just some times or not at all. Pretty sure I followed instructions that came with it to a "T"

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes to the handle update. Avalanche Safety Solutions in Golden can help you with that.

I gave my old snowpulse pack to my son when I bought my vest. Now that I have outside storage for my shovel and probe, I find I actually preferred it on the inside. To each his own I guess.

I love my internal storage. A little tap at lunch and end of the day and a clean dry bag, the external ones seem to have a massive snow/ ice ball in between the shovel and bag.

Guys said they don't like that you get a wet pack putting a snowy shovel in the bag but thats just laziness. A couple taps to a tree, running board, whatever and majority of the snows off if not all.

Top Bottom