Snowmobile Insurance

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TD will not either, They are aware that sleds are a 6 month toy and base the rates on 6 months use, but charge over 12 months.

I'd be careful putting a sled onto auto insurance, TD will not do this period, my sleds show up on my auto pink cards but have thier own separate policy, not sure I'd want a sled claim affecting my auto rates.

I've had long discussions on this topic with Brad (stumpy) and if I required full coverage I'd definitly use him (Dyson Insurance) lots of insurers will tell you your fully covered but be sure to read the fine print, insurance companies tend not to like "extreme" riding and if you have a claim you may be denied if deemed "extreme" I clarified with TD that if I drop mine off a cliff I'd be covered if I had collision, but thats why the collision portion is so expensive. Brad will insure you for EVERYTHING no questions asked...

Do you have his contact info by chance?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
TD rates are good, I insure 2 trucks, a car, 2 quads and 2 sleds for $1700 yr

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TD rates are good, I insure 2 trucks, a car, 2 quads and 2 sleds for $1700 yr

ha full coverage on new xp was $1500 fak.... problem is I only have house and toy insurance, I get vehicle and insuarance at work so my rates are chit

does anyone just have full sled insuarnce with no car?

Im with nordic $250 for fire theft...

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ha full coverage on new xp was $1500 fak.... problem is I only have house and toy insurance, I get vehicle and insuarance at work so my rates are chit

does anyone just have full sled insuarnce with no car?

Im with nordic $250 for fire theft...

I'm in not quite the same situation, but similar. I will let you know what I find out. Stumpy's going to give me a call back. Also have a few buds grabbing their insurance contacts for me. My broker only had Nordic as an option for sled.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmmm maybe its time wifey's name go's on the sled lol she has auto insurance

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in not quite the same situation, but similar. I will let you know what I find out. Stumpy's going to give me a call back. Also have a few buds grabbing their insurance contacts for me. My broker only had Nordic as an option for sled.

ya not too many do toys its almost like street bikes dang it

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to Stumpy and he basically said that having Collision will cost you unless you are on an auto policy, however he advised that many insurance companies won't run a sled with a vehicle because of the high collision rates. He told me to contact Registries & Insurance Office Locations | Drayden Insurance Ltd. and get a quote from them as they are one of the few companies left that will do full insurance for a snowmobile.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Talked to Stumpy and he basically said that having Collision will cost you unless you are on an auto policy, however he advised that many insurance companies won't run a sled with a vehicle because of the high collision rates. He told me to contact Registries & Insurance Office Locations | Drayden Insurance Ltd. and get a quote from them as they are one of the few companies left that will do full insurance for a snowmobile.

Drayden Insurance also works with the Alberta Snowmobile Association, if you have your ASA Trail pass I believe there are benefits....

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're insured through Capri, both sleds. Mine for the new sled (15,000) was 470, Steve's 06 (6000) was almost 3. All perils, but doesn't cover 'extreme' activities...like hillclimbing etc...so if you trash your sled on a hillclimb, drag it to the trail LOL.
We did get a reduced rate by being club members...I think. :p

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drayden Insurance also works with the Alberta Snowmobile Association, if you have your ASA Trail pass I believe there are benefits....

Thats what he said yes. But he also said to get a quote prior to getting your membership.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm with state farm out of St. Albert. Full coverage and full replacement on my sled is about $36.00 a month. I can get you her number and use my name as a referral.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Thats what he said yes. But he also said to get a quote prior to getting your membership.

get the effing membership anyways.... its $60 a year, gives you a free subscription to SnoRiders West, and it adds to the numbers for fighting with our government.......

Bogger, continue this rant for me....

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah yes, I also got a bit of a discount for being a club member. Forgot that bit.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with state farm out of St. Albert. Full coverage and full replacement on my sled is about $36.00 a month. I can get you her number and use my name as a referral.

Yes Please trash!!! :) Thank you!

get the effing membership anyways.... its $60 a year, gives you a free subscription to SnoRiders West, and it adds to the numbers for fighting with our government.......

Bogger, continue this rant for me....

I had actually never heard of the snowmobile membership prior to the sled show in Edmonton this year. When I first got into the sport I thought there were only area memberships like to Revy etc. Or is that the same kind of thing?!

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes Please trash!!! :) Thank you!

I had actually never heard of the snowmobile membership prior to the sled show in Edmonton this year. When I first got into the sport I thought there were only area memberships like to Revy etc. Or is that the same kind of thing?!

ASA Trailpass give you access to ALL of Alberta's Trails, and by holding one of their trailpasses whether you use it or not, you are an additional number that is used in battling with government in regards to area closures, trail development etc. I suggest you contact the Calgary Snowmobile Club, and join up, every number counts, and really what's $60?

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TD will not either, They are aware that sleds are a 6 month toy and base the rates on 6 months use, but charge over 12 months.

I'd be careful putting a sled onto auto insurance, TD will not do this period, my sleds show up on my auto pink cards but have thier own separate policy, not sure I'd want a sled claim affecting my auto rates.

I've had long discussions on this topic with Brad (stumpy) and if I required full coverage I'd definitly use him (Dyson Insurance) lots of insurers will tell you your fully covered but be sure to read the fine print, insurance companies tend not to like "extreme" riding and if you have a claim you may be denied if deemed "extreme" I clarified with TD that if I drop mine off a cliff I'd be covered if I had collision, but thats why the collision portion is so expensive. Brad will insure you for EVERYTHING no questions asked...

Putting your sled with your auto policy will not effect your auto rates if you had a claim. Also of you have a claim with your sled your sled premium doesn't go up either it a flat rate based on Value of the machine.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Putting your sled with your auto policy will not effect your auto rates if you had a claim. Also of you have a claim with your sled your sled premium doesn't go up either it a flat rate based on Value of the machine.

This is 100% correct................ Trust me. I think your premium may go up after a couple claims... or they may evenutally make your deducable higher.... But FOR SURE it doesnt affect your auto insurance........ Thank god.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
This is 100% correct................ Trust me. I think your premium may go up after a couple claims... or they may evenutally make your deducable higher.... But FOR SURE it doesnt affect your auto insurance........ Thank god.

sounds to me like you may be a man speaking from experience on this topic?

Top Bottom