Snowmobile Insurance

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to shop around for sled insurance. Anyone have any recommendations?! I currently go through The Nordic Insurance Company of Canada. Any info would be appreciated! :D :beer:

PS. It's SNOWING!!!!!! :D :D :D

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for Collision? If you are ask about putting your sled under your auto policy. Should cut your price from Nordic in half!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am going to get full coverage after everything I've done to it.

Highmaintenence

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be about $90-$100 a year without colision...I'm getting hosed at $765 a year with full coverage with two other vehicals on the policy...

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be about $90-$100 a year without colision...I'm getting hosed at $765 a year with full coverage with two other vehicals on the policy...

that seems expensive...I'm paying $53 a year without collision at Nordic, maybe I should just stick with them.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm doing some research as we speak, if I find anything or any good rates I will post it up.

sledwrek

Reaction score
What is the story with registration on snowmobiles in B.C? Do you have to have a plate and valid proof of registration? I have heard some people say you need it, and some say you dont. I have always insured my sleds, just havent plated them and havent had a problem yet.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with my plate, registration and insurance in my pack.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Collision on my 2011 is 750yr.
You'll probably be around 750+ thru Nordic as I was quoted 1200 thru them.

Should be able to go thru your auto insurance for about 400yr

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just called my broker, Nordic full coverage for $269.00.

oh...nm...he called me back...$727.00...ouch. $269 was for ATV. He said the reason being is that snowmobiles get crashed a LOT...lol

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Just called my broker, Nordic full coverage for $269.00.

oh...nm...he called me back...$727.00...ouch. $269 was for ATV. He said the reason being is that snowmobiles get crashed a LOT...lol

Can you just insure it fully for sled season then drop it back to fire & theft for the off season?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you just insure it fully for sled season then drop it back to fire & theft for the off season?

Not through Nordic I know that much. But maybe another insurance company?! I know Nordic doesn't accept payments because they don't want people to do that. A lot of insurance companies do that for street bikes too.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Not through Nordic I know that much. But maybe another insurance company?! I know Nordic doesn't accept payments because they don't want people to do that. A lot of insurance companies do that for street bikes too.

I know right now Sara is insured thru AMA, however its SUPER pricey, I'm insured thru AXA and with 2 trucks the quad, and the sled I was only paying $210 a month. I'm going to be getting her a quote thru my insurance company now that she'll have to carry FULL coverage on the new machine.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
TD will not either, They are aware that sleds are a 6 month toy and base the rates on 6 months use, but charge over 12 months.

I'd be careful putting a sled onto auto insurance, TD will not do this period, my sleds show up on my auto pink cards but have thier own separate policy, not sure I'd want a sled claim affecting my auto rates.

I've had long discussions on this topic with Brad (stumpy) and if I required full coverage I'd definitly use him (Dyson Insurance) lots of insurers will tell you your fully covered but be sure to read the fine print, insurance companies tend not to like "extreme" riding and if you have a claim you may be denied if deemed "extreme" I clarified with TD that if I drop mine off a cliff I'd be covered if I had collision, but thats why the collision portion is so expensive. Brad will insure you for EVERYTHING no questions asked...

Top Bottom