Snowmobile dragster

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We ran it twice on friday three times on saturday and once on sunday the rain came later in the day most days so we were able to run all our time trails.The weekend was basically test runs since it was our first weekend out.It does sound pretty cool especially if your standing behind the car the pipes exit about ear level.

Yup i saw you Fri/ Sat but never went Sunday. Anything crazy happen in the finals? Still have more pics and video on my phone i should get off. Here's a couple buddies i was supporting.

Attachments

• Leduc County-20110512-00117.jpg
    Leduc County-20110512-00117.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Grande Prairie-20110602-00164.jpg
    Grande Prairie-20110602-00164.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 94

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya especially since he's half of my weight. He looks like skin and bones standing beside me.I guess thats why he drives the car!
lol....your stuff was always fast enough to beat everyone, even with you on them....:d

Doo799

Reaction score
Yup i saw you Fri/ Sat but never went Sunday. Anything crazy happen in the finals? Still have more pics and video on my phone i should get off. Here's a couple buddies i was supporting.
We got knocked out first round on sunday then it started to rain on and off so we loaded up at 4 pm because it about a 7 hour drive home and my son had school on monday. I remember that truck and that car, there sure were lots of cars in the top dragster class that I'm assuming that dragster was in.We ran in the no box sporstman class.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much power is the 2000cc engine making? any plans for a turbo down the road?

What is the rough cost of building something like this?? looks a little cheaper than a big block chevy rail car.

Doo799

Reaction score
how much power is the 2000cc engine making? any plans for a turbo down the road?

What is the rough cost of building something like this?? looks a little cheaper than a big block chevy rail car.
The engine made 340 hp @ 7800rpm and 225 ft/lbs of torque.That's with the 40 mm carbs and pump gas. The engine has low compression and small carbs and still makes good power.We are going to run the engine as is for the summer and this winter are going to try bigger carbs and a few other things on Robert's dyno to maybe bring up the power.As far as a turbo or nitrous goes as most of you know there can never be enough power so its a possibility.As far as the cost I'm pretty sure the big block chevy cost more to buy and more to keep running and maintain especially when it involves any breakage.We bought the rolling chassis used from a friend in Fort St.John and fitted the engine ourselves in the chassis.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The engine made 340 hp @ 7800rpm and 225 ft/lbs of torque.That's with the 40 mm carbs and pump gas. The engine has low compression and small carbs and still makes good power.We are going to run the engine as is for the summer and this winter are going to try bigger carbs and a few other things on Robert's dyno to maybe bring up the power.As far as a turbo or nitrous goes as most of you know there can never be enough power so its a possibility.As far as the cost I'm pretty sure the big block chevy cost more to buy and more to keep running and maintain especially when it involves any breakage.We bought the rolling chassis used from a friend in Fort St.John and fitted the engine ourselves in the chassis.
is the guy in FSJ still running that 2000cc triple in the polaris 440 chassis?

Doo799

Reaction score
Re:2000 cc Snowmobile dragster

is the guy in FSJ still running that 2000cc triple in the polaris 440 chassis?
I believe the other 2000 triple is in a proline drag chassis but I haven't seen it run this year yet.Our next race is in Fort St. John maybe he'll be there.

Top Bottom