snowchecked and waiting

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to sound ignorant but if Cat is blaming this partly on an engine shortage how come Yamaha is not having the same problems??? I assume that Yamaha's engines are built in Japan too and are subject to the same power outages that are happening at the Suzuki factory so why are their engines arriving in time?? And I really can't see how the high number of snowchecks has anything to do with slow production. Thats a pizz poor excuse IMO, they would've been making the engines anyways regardless if they were for snowchecks or dealer's stock. Bottom line is Cat has dropped the ball......it started with not having snowchecks or dealer stock built by December and it goes right down to them not having any accessories at the dealers. And its apparent on here that some dealers have dropped the ball as well....I know mine certainly has and if there wasn't such a shortage of the sleds and dealers becoming greedy selling them for list or higher I would have gone to a different dealer.

Again I'm not trying to be ignorant.....I'm just very frustrated with Cat and my dealer. When I snowcheck two sleds and still don't have them by Dec, that is a problem for me. And it makes it even worse when the dealer doesn't even have the decency to pick up the phone and tell me what is going on. From everything I've read on here T&T is not one of the dealerships that has let down their customers so by no means am I trying to bash you. If anything I thank you for posting something to give us, the customers, somewhat of an idea what the delays are.

I know you tried to answer this question but I'll ask it again.......why do they make the mountain sleds last? I realize that any brand will sell more trail and crossover sleds than mountain sleds. But these riders wont have snow until Dec, if they're lucky Nov.......so why not make the mountain sleds for Sept as a lot of guys are riding in Oct. Do dealers bring this up to their area reps??? It just seems that each brand is backwards in their production.

You're signature says "the only bad ride is the one you missed"......I've missed two trips already this year with another one coming up soon and I've been told I'll have my sleds by Xmas...well if I don't have them by Xmas that will be 3 trips missed this year. I have come back to Cat after 4yrs away and was never more excited for winter. But with all the delays from Cat and hearing nothing from my dealer I can honestly say that its been a huge disappointment. I'm really not that excited for sledding this year. Slow production is not the dealers fault, I know this and so does everyone else, but the dealers need to keep their customers informed of what is going on.

This of course is all just my frustrated opinion but thank you for posting something.

you know i ask the same question about the mountain sleds, we are 8 hrs from the closest mountain... short tracks don t sell for us...
i have been told by yamaha and arctic cat that Canada is a drop in the bucket there are states in the US that sell more units than all of
Canada combined....so we have a little voice... and Yes the Yamaha snowchecks have not been as plentiful for a while..they are such a good
sled but they need to upgrade the hp and make a few changes to get the customers hyped up... No such thing as a reliability issue on a Yamaha, always been top notch. And i feel that Arctic Cat is there, i m not making excuses for anyone, i just think all the guys with the 2012 Cats are gonna be happy once all the growing pains are looked after.... i have to be positve... : ) :) :) .,. we had customers that were missing rides and we juggled units around...i just gave a demo proclimb 800 to some one who put money down on a regular inventory sled...thats not a snow check...its just going the extra mile .... thats what we do...

be patient... your dealer should be able to tell you a delivery date... or estimated build date...

if i can be any help let me know...

Terry

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the slow production is a problem for everyone no matter which side of the border you're on. After a full built T-Apex and T-Nytro I know it takes A LOT more money to make a Yamaha do what it should. Regardless if a person is leaving the sled stock or dumping 30g into it, mountain sleds should be at the dealers by at the latest Oct. Its ridiculous that snowchecks are not even at the dealers yet. I understand how frustrating it is for the dealers..........probably very close to how frustrating it is for the buyers. By Cat saying they didn't expect this big of an order for the 1100t........I don't buy that one second. Seriously......what did they expect making a stock 177hp sled for 15g????

I also realize there aren't as many Yamaha snowchecks but they still use the same engines in how many different models and they never had a shortage. Cat uses the same engine in how many different models and they're so far behind on production I'll be lucky to have my sled before xmas.

I'm just very disappointed in Cat and my dealer. Like I said before I'm not even that excited to ride the sled now. I know Cat's not going to do anything to rememdy the slow production. I have a strong feeling that my dealer won't do anything either. Very disappointed in the whole system.

But thank you Cody and Terry for responding with something. Its more than I can say for the dealer that I snowchecked two sleds through. I want so bad to post the dealership's name on here but I'm scared that will delay getting the sleds even more.

Top Bottom