Snowcheck 2021 or waiting?

Doo2015

Reaction score
Just wondering what other people are thinking with the new turbos. Initially I was going to trade the 2018 175x on a 2021 turbo but now I'm thinking I may wait for a horsepower increase and I doubt the gen 5 is too far off. Id imagine 185hp coming soon in a new chassis. I'd be a little mad if i had bought a 2020 sled and then they dump the 2020 turbos mid season. Pretty dirty trick by BRP. Love my current sled and not many miles on it so I dont mind waiting another year or 2 if substantial changes come.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What if you can get the G4 850 turbo or the G5 850? would you take first year chassis historical issues?\

2017 XM are rare but reliable....

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is something that will never change and why manufacturers keep changing things .
IMO ? Like Brakes has said ? You don’t want the completely new items .
Buy a 2021 as will be tried and true and if they boost power it will be a easy upload I am sure .
Still going to be a $12-13000 upgrade but all your accessories will fit the G4 ??

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something you are going to have to wait and see. Might see a price increase with the turbo and less warranty over a expert as well. Who knows?? is the 850T worth the extra cost??? Thats for you to decide, Scotts put up a very honest opinion of his turbo 850.

Feb 12 I believe is the release.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
For the first time in quite a few years, I have no decision to make! Well, I guess the proper way to put that is that the decision has already been made for me. Gonna have to save some coin and maybe look into a new sled in 2022. Basement development has gotten in the way of a new toy. The '19X and the Expert are running great and in excellent shape. They will be just fine for another year or two.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i see your from saskatchewan, where do you ride this sled? If its 100% mountain riding there is no question you should get the 2021 Turbo in 175 if you like the 175, and if thats an option. It will be exponentially more capable and more fun than your current 175.
i have to disagree that it was a "dirty" move on brp to release that sled mid season. When would have been a good time realistically? for yourself looking at a 2021 snowcheck its brilliant, there are 1000s of early release sleds out running around that you can use the data from those riders to make your decision. You would be taking a total shot in the dark if they released it at snowcheck.

will they turn the power up? maybe. But not until they get some push back from Cat and Polaris and we can guarantee thats a few years away yet. If your buying a skidoo product there is never a "stable" time to purchase one. They are constantly innovating, if you took that into consideration you would never have a new snowmobile because they get better and better every year. Pull the trigger on what works best for you and ride the heck out of it

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had lots of turbos and I had the chance to ride it on the weekend. I have a 2019 175 with an mpi turbo kit on it running 5lbs of boost on premium fuel. So i wanted to compare the two sleds. I found that the factory turbo Was awesome in the trees but could use more boost and length if your buying it for climbing. I found that is where the mpi 5lb kit strives over the factory. If your looking for a sled for the trees then the new factory turbo was awesome and excelled. The throttle and the power doesn’t hit hard and is constant where the 5lb kit comes on harder and accelerates alot quicker. That being said if your a climber I would wait and see if they come out with it in a 175 as its more stable on the climb.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crazy news.
For the first time in quite a few years, I have no decision to make! Well, I guess the proper way to put that is that the decision has already been made for me. Gonna have to save some coin and maybe look into a new sled in 2022. Basement development has gotten in the way of a new toy. The '19X and the Expert are running great and in excellent shape. They will be just fine for another year or two.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No question lmfao.

You ordering one Jay? I almost regret buying my 2020 175x with the new turbo coming out, really considering to trade it in. However it is an awesome machine that can do stuff I still cant, so maybe not... :beerchug:

Doo2015

Reaction score
i see your from saskatchewan, where do you ride this sled? If its 100% mountain riding there is no question you should get the 2021 Turbo in 175 if you like the 175, and if thats an option. It will be exponentially more capable and more fun than your current 175.
i have to disagree that it was a "dirty" move on brp to release that sled mid season. When would have been a good time realistically? for yourself looking at a 2021 snowcheck its brilliant, there are 1000s of early release sleds out running around that you can use the data from those riders to make your decision. You would be taking a total shot in the dark if they released it at snowcheck.

will they turn the power up? maybe. But not until they get some push back from Cat and Polaris and we can guarantee thats a few years away yet. If your buying a skidoo product there is never a "stable" time to purchase one. They are constantly innovating, if you took that into consideration you would never have a new snowmobile because they get better and better every year. Pull the trigger on what works best for you and ride the heck out of it

Yeah I'm 100% mountain riding. Mostly trees and meadows but like to climb when the risk is low. For the guys that checked a 2020 they should at least be offered a deal to trade on a 2020 turbo. Would be a nice thing to do for the snowcheck crowd. I usually get a new sled every 3 years but seeing as how I really like my sled maybe I'll wait for the the big chassis changes. All depends on what I'll get for mine too. But I can see there being more changes for 2022. I'm ok with missing out on small changes, I dont need a normal 2020 g4. But I'd wait if 2022 is going to be a new chassis along with turbo.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guys buy the 23,000$ turbo and something better from skidoo comes out 2 weeks later ? lmao

Resized_Screenshot_20200205-150505_Facebook.jpeg

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm tellin' ya, new G5 chassis with 850.... old G4 chassis with 850T.

Doo2015

Reaction score
guys buy the 23,000$ turbo and something better from skidoo comes out 2 weeks later ? lmao

View attachment 222152

Yeah this year is particularly bad for the 2020 snowcheckers. Since the 2017 dropped, guys with the 2017 sleds havent missed out on big changes so their sleds are still solid aside from belt issues for some. But the sled itself isnt much different from a 2020. That's what I'm saying with my 2018 175x, there will be minor changes each year but if they are just going to drop a new chassis for 2022, I'd rather wait for a change that big before going to a turbo 850.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Electric mountain sled maybe? 180hp & instant response at any altitude.

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you'll never get the best without buying new annually.

I bought a 14 XMX, 15 brought 3" and 174...

I bought a 19 FreeRide, 20 they brought out the expert.... then the turbo...

Keep up with the Jones', or don't

you should check a tubski...then come April you an i can talk mula for that 19 freeride:cool:

Top Bottom