SnowAngels Ride-Photos Posted

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great shots Bugs the bunny. Now I hear that the sounds from all those canned sleds are still ringing in the landowners ears. What to doo. Well fun was had by all.

• Admin

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
SledderGlen, now lets try and focus on the positives....there is snow on the ground for the first time in years, we were riding as a club, we followed all the rules, we made new friends on the trail, we educated riders of the bennifits of a trail passes, we've sold lots of trail passes this year, we chatted up a land owner on the trial, our groomer is thrilled that he gets to "groom", we put on lots of miles, no sleds were towed home, it's christmas in 4 more sleeps, I got to ride a new Phaser and most important there were only 3 sleds with notciably louder exausts....a few years ago that would have been most sleds with louder exausts....things are changing.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dont make me out to be the TRAIL HITTLER but i have to talk to the persons who hears the sleds going outside their houses or wherever. Things are changing more and more cans or whatever out there. With our trails being the hotspot to ride we are dealing with more number of riders than ever before. So a slight increase in altered sleds multiplied by the increase of riders to the trails adds up to more noisier sleds. Notice I did not say noisy sleds just noisier sleds, Because all sleds make noise even some stock sleds are as noisy as altered sleds. Get what im saying.Time will tell. Like I heard before LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES but THEY KILL TRAILS

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Re: Little Hitler

HEY LITTLE BUDDY...... I NOTICED, WHEN WE WERE LOADING UP OUR SLEDS(AND I DOO HAVE A STINGER ON MY MINI Z(1000)) THAT THERE WERE SEVERAL(MAYBE 5) OTHER GROUPS, ALL WITHOUT TRAIL PASSES, THAT HAD LOUD SLEDS WITH THEM(PIPED OLDER POLARIS'S AND CATS) ...... NOW IS WHEN WE, AS A CLUB GET THE BLAME FOR OTHER SLEDDERS ACTIONS, OR EQUIPMENT. ONE OF THE LOUDER SLEDS WE ENCOUNTERED, WAS AN OLDER PIPED POLARIS, ACTUALLY OWNED BY ONE OF OUR LANDOWNERS(WHO BY THE WAY DID NOT, AND WON'T BUY A TRAIL PASS)......... JUST THOUGHT I'D "MINI" RANT AT THE SITUATION HAPPENING.:rant:

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't the Angels give landowners free passes as a gesture of thanks???
If not, there's a suggestions for the club. It's all about RELATIONSHIPS!!!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Re: owner passes

Hi Poleman - I agree with you 100%, and I will try and bring that up at the next meeting.... Maybe not a free ASA trail pass, but they should get a free seasons "trail pass" on the Ft Sask trail system. I agree, it is their land, but, at the same time, it is ASA insurance and our club paying for the groomer and fuel etc.... what does everyone think???:confused:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Little Hitler

Poleman, that's a great idea and it was a suggestion given while trail riding that day. Don't know what the results will be but there is a lot more to doing that than one thinks.
Sledderglen, not giving you a hard time but I had to respond to your original comments. Yes there are louder sleds on the trail and yes our club gets blamed even when it's not us. Education is the only way (trail passes too). The amount of loud sleds has decreased and I believe it will continue to but be patient.
Now if you have a real strong opinon on this matter and would like to comment to our fellow riders on what needs to be done I would suggest you take it to the "War" section where people can post their opinions and speak their minds.
Me, I agree and I do run louder that needed but am changing that when possible for local riding.
Cheers and Merry Christmas to you and your family sledderglen.
See you in McBride.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Landowner trail pass

Great idea to help out the landowners that ride. Our club will have to eat the ASA section and the insurance $ section of the pass and lose the club funding portion. Small price to keep the trail going. Sounds good

Big Grump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why don't we ask the ASA if they could make land owner passes?
Instead of the money coming out of the clubs funds.
Maybe if the land owners got passes, more would be willing to give us land to make trails on.

Have a Merry Christmas:xmas2004_15:

Safe riding to those who are heading out for the holidays.

:Snowmobile1:

Top Bottom