Snow South of Weyburn, SK

Kashworth

Reaction score
Just talked to a buddy today and he was telling me there was a lot of snow in the south east. He even went as far to say that there were some steep snow drifts he would not even think about climbing with his short track. Anyone else heard of this cuz its the first I have heard. If thats the case, might have to take the Pro RMK down and teach some climbing lessons LOL. :d

jwood99

Reaction score
settle down, how big can your drift get with no hills there? So i guess it would be good for your hillclimbing

andystepper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ummmm, how far south of weyburn? i ride all over the south east and yes there are some big hills down in the big muddy but not much getting more east untill estevan/mainprize area. and the snow is harder than hell right now. but there is lots of it, but its like riding on ice.

Kashworth

Reaction score
ummmm, how far south of weyburn? i ride all over the south east and yes there are some big hills down in the big muddy but not much getting more east untill estevan/mainprize area. and the snow is harder than hell right now. but there is lots of it, but its like riding on ice.

He's down by Oungre. There are a few coulees and small hills at the border that I remember that when there was a lot of snow were a challange, but all a guy did was just hit it faster with with the short track.

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in the qu'appelle valley north of Regina, and we have more snow than we usually have. BUT andystepper's right. its no longer snow. just thick ice.

Kashworth

Reaction score
I talked to my dad today and he said it snowed another 6" south of Weyburn. I hope it didn't all blow away if the inital snow was all ice.

Little

Reaction score
West of Weyburn there's 2 plus ft. of snow, most of it's blown into the trees and coulees. Makes for some wicked cornices. The Moose Jaw river is still running at our place and lots of others too. Beaver dams are making things interesting. Snowed here most of the weekend, cleared off this a.m. now light snow.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just talked to a buddy today and he was telling me there was a lot of snow in the south east. He even went as far to say that there were some steep snow drifts he would not even think about climbing with his short track. Anyone else heard of this cuz its the first I have heard. If thats the case, might have to take the Pro RMK down and teach some climbing lessons LOL. :d

probably somebodies car under neath the drift:eek:

andystepper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
havn't been out since this snow dump in weyburn. weather network said we got 10cm of snow. blew my drive bearing on the pto side. waiting on parts. i ride down in the big muddy lots(west of minton). was down there a few weeks ago and the coulees were full, but hard as hell. not much fun climbing cause its so easy now.

played on the moosejaw river straight south of corrine on christmas day and we were water skipping in lots of places. plus there was about a 70km wind that day also.

Kashworth

Reaction score
I'm headed down south of Weyburn to see my folks tomorrow and taking the PRO RMK with me so I will let you guys know what the snow is exactly like. I was out riding yesterday north of Lloydminster, loved how deep the snow was and if there is more down south well...great!

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
andystepper is right, we may have lots of snow here, but there is also another thing we have that the north doesn't..................................................................WIND.....
For the most part, the snow is hard as a rock, other than the last little bit we got.

You can get lucky though and find a few spots that are pretty nice.

andystepper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya there are a few spots that arn't bad. we are going down to goodwater to play in the valley down there tomorrow morning.

hey bails, you should think about coming to the lake alma poker derby on feb 12. well worth it. tell everyone you know to come. always a good turn out and lots of hills to play in. plus they have twice the snow we have.

maxpower

Reaction score
Its insane that I found a post about Lake Alma on this forum. I'm heading to the Minton, SK rally on Feb 19th.

Top Bottom