snow removal

350summitX

Reaction score
Does anyone on this site do commercial snow removal? Any good stories?

Anyways, I've got a Cat 246 that I do work with on the first night, but if anyone were to need a back-up or a sub sometime I might be available!

My favorite place is this hole in the wall commercial building 10+bays with a korean restaurant at the enterance... always a fun time!

Last edited:

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I do, but only for oil and gas, not really commercial in the same sense. I dont do anything in town at all...Love plowing snow, its an addiction like sledding to me...

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
We use a S250 Bobcat with a 100" bucket and 96" snow blade and this...

Attachments

• Snowcat-block.jpg
    Snowcat-block.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 270
  • Snowcat-block2.jpg
    Snowcat-block2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 275

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a S185 bobcat that I use when we get get snow but I also run grader night shift for a buddy,I love being out in the middle of no where(we do rural areas)late at night,very peacefull,most people are very happy to see you to plus get lots of free stuff from booze to buffalo steaks.

Jeepindg

Reaction score
My parents have a good ol 1990 Thomas 235 HD skid steer on the acerage, its old and jumpy but it had a 6cyl kubota diesel and it sure pushes hard, with our 8 ft blade on front ---- it only spins put while pushing a full load of stickey heavy snow ---- it easyly pushes over 12" + of soft snow on the acerage.

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've thought about it lots, but have yet to by a skid steer. I have had a blade on my quads for the last few years and I end up plowing the whole neighbourhood. It's the only time I can ride my renegade 800 around the city having fun and not get stopped. Whenever the cops come by I drop the blade and stop doing donuts. No one rats me out, because they love their sidewalks done. The kids on the block end up having their parents phone and ask where the quad is when I haven't been out for a while. Next will be a rhino so I can take more passengers.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love it when it snows...it gives me an excuse to go playing around with my Bobcat. I am yet to get paid, but it makes me feel pretty good spending 5 minutes on a driveway that would take an elderly man 2 hours to clear. We have lots of them on our street.

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do residential removals. Just finished a 13 hr run. We look after 24 houses, 20 unit and a 42 unit town house complex. Ran out of steam, need to do the 42 unit tomorrow!

Top Bottom