Snow Ingestion w/ Headlight Delete..

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Went for a ride last night, and there was a ton of fine powder snow that we were pushing. Anyhow, I found that I am getting a bit much snow coming through the mesh in the headlight delete. There was a bit in the airbox because of it, maybe a few tablespoons type thing, but too much for my liking. Anyone that is running these deletes, what are you guys doing for solutions?

I know that SLP sells the pre-filter cloth in rectangle shapes and you can cut to fit...has anyone used it? How are you securing it to the delete? Silicone, putty, etc? or is there a cheaper, Cambodian tire fix?

Also, anyone know of a company selling nose cone blockoffs? I see SLP makes one for the Pro...but I couldn't fine one for the IQ.

Anyone using Frogskinz on their RMK, etc? Do they work well on the nosecone? Had a ton under the pipe too.

Delete1.jpg

Anyone else get water/condensation in the headlight itself?? Would silicon'ing the crap out of the inside of the housing work?:confused:

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine had the same issue. We ended up installing the timbersled intake.

That intake looks like the cats ass for this problem, I hadn't considered that.

Got any ideas as to what type of product would hold some pre-filter stuff on the backside of that blue delete mesh?

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright my wife's hot glue gun is soon to be MIA. Thanks guys. I'll let ya know how it turns out!

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So this is what $40 bucks will get you from Frogskinz. Way better deal than the little sheets from SLP. Have you guys have good luck using hot glue with this pre-filter stuff? I tried some marine grade contact cement last night and it was an epic fail. Just worried that the hot glue will get brittle in the cold, and eventually the sheet of pre-filter will get sucked into the airbox.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hot glue is the sh1t,,god damn thats a huge peice of pre filter for 40 $

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea I thought so. Only 10 bucks to ship. That's from Minnesota. I'll try the hot glue first I think, as it will be easier to clean if I screw it up....then JB weld might make an appearance failing that. I love the look of the delete, but my god does it let snow in..

thanks gents.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just run a bead of it on the inside then set the prefilter on and run ur finger over it,,itll stick right on to that prefilter for life.Ill be callin them for my next sheet,,slp just rapes a guy.

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah im sure they did. I seen pics of vents with just the mesh and it made me a bit leery, but once i went turbo it didnt.matter any more. i went to buy one and saw that it already had pre filter. Score lol.

I still have the ol duct tape headlight adjuster cover on though lol.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, she won't win any beauty contests, but luckily you don't see this anyway. Hot glue worked awesome. No more bogging for this guy. Going to use the rest of my foot ball field size piece of frogzskin for the hood vents.

D...this sled doesn't feel like a 600 at all. It walks on 700's without a problem....theres a certain M8 SP and its pretty close...I would bet its as quick as most stock 800's.

Thanks gents for the tips.

hotglue.jpg

Top Bottom