snow in fernie , elkford etc

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We were out in Elkford today and it was untracked. Nothing exciting but the snow was heavy and wet. Rained to 7000' with snow above that.

Should have a short video up tomorrow............:dance:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Was out there on the weekend, rode Friday & Saturday, decent snow conditions and beauty weather (well Saturday anyways) snowed all day Friday.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
hows the conditions for a ride this weekend in these areas? any good snow up high? Doug?

Video is up and running. It is spring snow; usually frozen slush in the morning warming up to slushy slush as the sun gets higher in the sky.

We had a great day and lunch cooked on TheThing was lemon garlic scallops with honey mustard chicken wings. Those two tier muff-pots from the SledShed in Revy are awesome!

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Video is up and running. It is spring snow; usually frozen slush in the morning warming up to slushy slush as the sun gets higher in the sky.

We had a great day and lunch cooked on TheThing was lemon garlic scallops with honey mustard chicken wings. Those two tier muff-pots from the SledShed in Revy are awesome!
sounds good doug.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode the rollinghills on saturday untracked an beautyful probed at the top and it was at 300cm trail was melting quick at the end of the day

Brentk

Reaction score
We rode up by the 2 cabins from coal creek road yesterday, it was awesome, way more snow up there than anticipated. We had to unload at km 39 marker where the big avalanche came down to the valley bottom. You would need a big lifted truck to get thru that to the other side. Has anyone gone in from the Corbin end lately? Just wondering how far you would have to go up the rd to unload?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This system from the south has to be dumping big down there today I would think? No?

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, I am pretty sure its dumping, there trees are all white at very low elevation. I will be out tomorrow to check it out

Rufer19

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for an update on conditions out in that area. Thinking we'd stay in fernie Friday and Saturday night next weekend May 3,4. Not opposed to going either directions from fernie. Only problem is ill be riding a snowbike and struggle on the dirt/gravel, so if possible to be able to unload at or close to snow level would be great. Rolling hills, limestone, little sand, coal creek?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for an update on conditions out in that area. Thinking we'd stay in fernie Friday and Saturday night next weekend May 3,4. Not opposed to going either directions from fernie. Only problem is ill be riding a snowbike and struggle on the dirt/gravel, so if possible to be able to unload at or close to snow level would be great. Rolling hills, limestone, little sand, coal creek?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More or less over for the season. Golf, boat or bike now.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not true, if you have a sled deck there's tons of accessible riding yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not true, if you have a sled deck there's tons of accessible riding yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I agree. Weather has not been that warm yet to really start the big melt.

I'm in BC this weekend and it looks like snow up top from yesterdays weather...however I fractured my right wrist sledding last weekend so for me no sledding, golfing, boating or biking...can't even work on a couple of projects at the cabin!

Just have to kick back and relax...

Top Bottom