Snow in Calgary

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think edmonton and calgary traided weather patterns this year. And I don't like it!

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's BS I am going to have to move south again!!:d I am a migrating animal, kinda like the polar bear go where the snow is!!:d

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is about time the south got its fair share of snowLOL I know I was whinning about the lack of snow a few weeks ago but it looks like we are sarting to shape up for a good snow season (finges crossed). Sounds like we are to get more snow on Friday and then there is to be some very cold weather settle in, So like I said before "fingers crossed" we could be in for a good snow year here in the South:snowmobilers_wave:

Billy Boy:cool:

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The weather report says there will be upto 1ocm or more in the Sundre Caroline area!!!! Finely:Snowmobile1:

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We now have a winter storm warning and it is snowing heavily here in the Olds Sundre area. Have not seen a good storm like this in quite awhile this should make decent riding on the trail systems in the Caroline Sundre area. We have been waiting a long time for this.:cheering::cheering::cheering:

GRD

Reaction score
Lots of snow overnight, haven't measured, but would say at least 6 inches.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the unpleasant experience of being in Calgary yesterday afternoon for a pre-spud meeting. The roads from Red Deer south where getting terrible and it seems that once you hit Crossfield traffic comes to a crawl, averaged 70 km/hr rest of the way to Calgary. Meeting was at 2:30pm and I think everyone working downtown was trying to leave for home at 3pm. Left the office on 3st and 5 ave NW at 4:30pm and it took approx. 1/2 hour just to make it 2 blocks. Snow hits the city and traffic comes to a stand still. Glad I was able to avoid Edmonton trail as there were quite a few cars apparently that couldn't make it up the hill due to icey conditions and probably crappy tires on vehicle. OH and that damn Deerfoot,:rant:, was a 60 km/hr crawl as well all the way past Country Hills Blvd. Things picked up once past there to Airdrie and then a crawl again before and after Crossfield. It took me almost 3 hrs to get from down town Calgary to Red Deer and then from that point I stopped at a buddy's place for the evening and proceeded to indulge in the Wiser's Deluxe.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OH other than that it's nice to see snow down your way Calgary. You guys have more there now than whats up this way. Other than when cowtown gets hit with snow it is usually pretty easy to get around the city.

Top Bottom