Snow and Mud banned from work

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have barely been on this site and the Corporate computer lady in the district gave me a warning today.

Her reason:
1. " the snow and mud site takes over 500K to load home page" that caused alarms in the "bee hive"

2. " Not an appropriate use of company time and resources" WTF. what about coffee and lunch time. MY TIME without pay.

SO it turns out that she tells me that my friend might not have the site now either bacause of some entry in the prockzy server central site and now snow and mud will be evaluated to be not safe for work for all places using the prockzy program services.

What does that mean. Is it a virus??

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
hello,

i have barely been on this site and the corporate computer lady in the district gave me a warning today.

Her reason:
1. " the snow and mud site takes over 500k to load home page" that caused alarms in the "bee hive"

2. " not an appropriate use of company time and resources" wtf. What about coffee and lunch time. My time without pay.

So it turns out that she tells me that my friend might not have the site now either bacause of some entry in the prockzy server central site and now snow and mud will be evaluated to be not safe for work for all places using the prockzy program services.

hmmmm, big words, sounds like bluff. Tylerg will know. Maybe pm him...........

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No bluff. The site cannot load from my work computer.
Other people cannot also load myspace, youtube, facebook, etc.

9hundo

That's a bunch of crap...I don't know what I'd do if I could PW through my coffee and lunch breaks:realmad:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have barely been on this site and the Corporate computer lady in the district gave me a warning today.

Her reason:
1. " the snow and mud site takes over 500K to load home page" that caused alarms in the "bee hive"

2. " Not an appropriate use of company time and resources" WTF. what about coffee and lunch time. MY TIME without pay.

SO it turns out that she tells me that my friend might not have the site now either because of some entry in the prockzy server central site and now snow and mud will be evaluated to be not safe for work for all places using the prockzy program services.

It means, that the site along with the others you have mentioned are restricted from work computers through your companies server. They don't want you accessing anything that is not work related. I would say they have imposed some significant restrictions on you guys. But they are there computer and they are paying for the internet soooo, I think your out of luck bud.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your IT people need something to do! There are lots of banned sites where I work but none of the popular forums.

I think you need to be creative about keeping them busy!

northstar23

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few people at my work have been let go (fired) for surfing, this was never a problem before. But its a cost effect way for employers to reduce there work force with out having to pay severence.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bosses are great about letting us{ all the guys at work} surf what we want. Be it shoping for a vacation or booking rooms at where ever we want. Myself having S&M open all day at work isnt an issue, unless the boss has a question about his sled and i cant find the answer:eek:.

I hope this doesnt sound like rubbing snow in someones face , but i would die without the laughs and info i get from here.

Great job S&M looking forward to the mud season, as i need lots of info on my 91 pull-air-us:rolleyes:

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats gotta suck. it does sound like they want to make sure your working and not surfing:( same thing at my last job. they blocked all kinds of sites. my new job allows us to do basically what we want as long as the job is getting done :d

Hylode

Reaction score
The IT Tech has locked down the domain name from their central Server , that's all , but I do agree that's BS :nono::rant:.
If you can get to know your IT Tech :rolleyes:, and get him to remove the security settings !!:d

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The IT Tech has locked down the domain name from their central Server , that's all , but I do agree that's BS :nono::rant:.
If you can get to know your IT Tech :rolleyes:, and get him to remove the security settings !!:d

Yeah that's a good idea or try a bribe, like a pocket protector or maybe one of those hats with a little propeller on top.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to pipe up here and I may regret it... I am the big and bad “Computer and Network Systems Administrator" at my place of employment. Does your company have an Internet and Computer Use Policy outlining what you can and cannot do? Most companies do, and if they don’t have on they certainly should. We allow our employees to use company computer recourses for personal activities on their own time as long as it does not contradict any of the conditions outlined in the policy. Some examples would be illegal activities, inciting hate or racially degrading behavior, posting company proprietary information… A document signed by the employee and employer protects both the company and the employee. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
On the same note. More companies are cracking down on what employees are doing on their time (employers). Lunch or not. My ex works downtown Oil & Gas Energy. Their server will not accept an email from a hotmail or gmail account.
It is deemed as private/personal, and not professional. Therefore; "this email can not be submitted by an hotmail account"

What do you do??????

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the same note. More companies are cracking down on what employees are doing on their time (employers). Lunch or not. My ex works downtown Oil & Gas Energy. Their server will not accept an email from a hotmail or gmail account.
It is deemed as private/personal, and not professional. Therefore; "this email can not be submitted by an hotmail account"

What do you do??????

On the email note...You would not believe the amount spam we filter! The general email user dosn't see it but you sure here it when the occasional one gets through.

bubba700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do a search for unblock sites, used it at work for a bit, basically the site that you have open will open the other site for you, unless they have a pretty serious system setup this will get you around it.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
On the email note...You would not believe the amount spam we filter! The general email user dosn't see it but you sure here it when the occasional one gets through.

No question about it. But as a previous telus account holder. I would see 3 times the amount of junk go through the filter compared to a hotmail account. None the less...It sucks not being able to do what you want, on your lunch break. Even if it's through the companies server.

Just my 1.84 cents :beer::beer:

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No question about it. But as a previous telus account holder. I would see 3 times the amount of junk go through the filter compared to a hotmail account. None the less...It sucks not being able to do what you want, on your lunch break. Even if it's through the companies server.

Just my 1.84 cents :beer::beer:

Have you turned on the Telus spam filtering option. It actually works very good.

Top Bottom