Snorkel my Suzuki 750 King Quad

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to snorkel my Kingquad. Any tips, help websites, pictures? Should I buy a kit or self build, any cautions, etc. Never done one so any help is appreciated. What costs can be expected? Thanks.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Ur better off makin ur own kit, lots have done this and have put it on utube.
There's also NYROCATV.COM,

Attachments

• kq6[1].jpg
    kq6[1].jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 254
  • SubmarineSnorkel_Quad_7L.jpg
    SubmarineSnorkel_Quad_7L.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 274

Cranes10

Reaction score
Did my own the first time, just the cvt and it worked great, no issues, maybe $50 tops for pvc, connectors, glue.

Now that I am rebuilding yet again I am going with snorkels off
SUZUKI KING QUAD SNORKEL KIT

Not sure yet if i'm impressed but i will keep pictures going in my album on s&m profile for now.. $100, plus glue..

Just keep looking, extremely easy mod, but do be sure to watch how close to shocks and mufflers.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Did my own the first time, just the cvt and it worked great, no issues, maybe $50 tops for pvc, connectors, glue.

Now that I am rebuilding yet again I am going with snorkels off
SUZUKI KING QUAD SNORKEL KIT

Not sure yet if i'm impressed but i will keep pictures going in my album on s&m profile for now.. $100, plus glue..

Just keep looking, extremely easy mod, but do be sure to watch how close to shocks and mufflers.

Ya i,ve seeen that kit, looks good.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did my my own snorkels also but I did not want to cut holes in my front fender. So what I did was off of the front cvt inlet I came up to the top of the fender, then with a 90* elbow brought it out in line with the small storage box and mounted it through the hole where the storage box was.
I then made a plate and mounted an exterior dryer vent over the abs pipe.

This works great, no holes cut in fender. nothing sticking up..

Attachments

• DSCI0005.JPG
    DSCI0005.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 238
  • DSCI0006.JPG
    DSCI0006.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips and pics. I'm interested in going only about as high as QMAO has gone. Don't expect to submerge it and haven't submerged any of my past ones. Really concerned about the CVT as many a story has been told about issues with the CVT taking in water or even overheating. Does one need to go 2" or does 1 1/2" suffice. have read varying opinions on that as well. This is my first ATV with a belt so I'm open to an education.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reason I did my snorkles is because when I would drive through water about 18" deep, water would splash into the cvt intake. Raising the intake to where I have it now has totally eliminated water from splashing in.
I don`t plan on submerging into water over the fenders, but going into water over the tires is never a problem.
I would use 2' abs opposed to using 1.5" pipe. It will be easier to find fittings that work together in the 2".
The CVT is cooled by the primary clutch drawing air in through the front and pushing it out the rear. I think the 1 1/2" pipe would cause restriction and the CVT not cooling efficiently.

Last edited:

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good points, along the same line as I have been reading. Now just have to do it along with the Coop 3+ mod and call me done! Did you use any flex hose??

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting, most kits seem to use some flex, I'm in favour of solid. Do the final connections use rubber as a vibration damper??

Cranes10

Reaction score
I just finished mine as you can see here..

YouTube - 2008 Suzuki King Quad 750 Mod Work

I'm not overly thrilled but it should do the trick for my needs. I have blown 3 belts because of water / dirt / heat in the CVT. I am hoping this will prevent the water from getting in, and the Clutch I installed prevent the heat. Whatever you do make sure all connections are solid and sealed.

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just finished mine as you can see here..

YouTube - 2008 Suzuki King Quad 750 Mod Work

I'm not overly thrilled but it should do the trick for my needs. I have blown 3 belts because of water / dirt / heat in the CVT. I am hoping this will prevent the water from getting in, and the Clutch I installed prevent the heat. Whatever you do make sure all connections are solid and sealed.

I'll check it out, thanks!

Top Bottom