snorkel 05 brute 750

bigbrute

Reaction score
i just put a 2inch snorkel my brute now its idleing high and popping from start to 15km after it runs good just worndering if i should jet it i am running a muzzy pipe and k&n filter
thanks

COWBOYCURT

Reaction score
If you have stock jets your definetly need to, not sure what size but if you get it let me know what size you went with.

TomKat72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just put a 2inch snorkel my brute now its idleing high and popping from start to 15km after it runs good just worndering if i should jet it i am running a muzzy pipe and k&n filter
thanks

I would say that your popping sounds like an lean issue. You could try checking your fuel screw and maybe turn it 1/2 - 1 full turn counter-clockwise to richen it up a bit on the bottom end. If that doesn't inprove your popping then you may have to jump to one size larger jet. I hope this helps and good luck with the carbs as they aren't exactly easy to get to. :d

kimluck

Reaction score
popping on a decel is also a possibility of a intake leak,sucking in cold air.if you removed your carbs you might want to put some mercury sticks or vacumn gauges on to make sure the carbs are still in sync . but i maybe getting in to deep , you can also try to use the enrichner to figure out if it is a lean or rich condition. slightly push on the cable , does the popping go away or get worse? if it goes away it to lean change your pilot/ starter jet. good luck

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks

you definitely need to jet it for sure and the highlifter web site has lots of info on this also......I ended up having to put 2 - 2" intakes into my brute to get enough air to it also.....1 pipe simply didn't give the bike enough air.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
I'd buy an aftrmarket exhaust, dyna tek cdi, and then a dynojet jet kit. Have an experience tech do ther jet work for u and you will be smilin from ear to ear. Jetting is a time consuming task and can be done by tyhe average joe, but word to the wise, u jet a that thing wrong and BOOOOOOM!

Top Bottom