SNOOOOOOOOOOW deep or sheep

HIGHTEC REDNECK

Reaction score
I've heard alot of conflicting reports about snow :confused::confused::confused::confused:

How much fresh is up top :mountainClimb: from the weekend heavy snowfall warning:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

wakeskate18

Reaction score
Went sledding yesterday to Boulder and there was about 2 foot of fresh and you could find stashes of 3 foot or more in other areas. It was fairly socked in but had some breaks in the cloud and was getting face shots (the good kind) all day long. Ripping powder turns, down turns, drops and a damn sore body today. My buddy dropped his sled into a steep creek and we had to dig it out and there was about 7-8 feet of snow in the creek. So friday and saturday did the place wonders. Whoops are terrible on the trail though...:d

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am waiting to hear from a few buddies tha went on the weekend....just talked to a group that stopped at Golden..it was nothing special..still waiting on the revy group

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Dobir Went to Revy this weekend. It was green grass going in on thurs, but woke up fri morning to snow. It hasn't stop snowing since, it was socked in all weekend so didn't get very far. The groomer is at the bottom now at frisby, didn't ride sunday so don't know if they were grooming the bottom or not. So good news is that it snowed really hard all weekend but you couldn't see anything so did get a whole lot of ridin in, but still beat a good day a work

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was waiting to here from you...the fogged in conditions explain why we never got any photos...sorry to here that...thats the challenge with Revy...

SnowDog

Reaction score
Arrived Thursday in Revy to brown grass at Glacier House, only to wake to about 6" of fresh snow Friday morning and it continued to snow all weekend untill about Sunday noon when we had to head home.:(

On Friday made it back to penis point (green forestry tower), snow was not bad :rant: approx. 6-8" of fresh, which was disappointing as that is what was at the bottom, usually if 6" down low, would be a lot more up top, but not so.

There are still plenty of landmines to watch out for as my nephew found out the hard way and messed his front end up pretty good, also a couple of other sleds missing skis, trailing arms etc, Bottom line is there is just enough to cover up the landmines at Frisby, heard it was same at Boulder.

Parking at Frisby is now from the main parking lot and trail passes are $15.00. Trail on Sunday was groomed from the bottom, but after 30 sleds or so, it was getting pretty rough, especially coming down, just not a good base yet.

No pics as it was just to foggy etc.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya pulled in thurs wasnt a flake to be seen, i think i cried! But it woke up the next day to non stop snow. It was socked in but got in some good boondockin fri and sat up frisby then sunday was awesome with clear breaks all day up boulder. Lots of pow!!!!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arrived Thursday in Revy to brown grass at Glacier House, only to wake to about 6" of fresh snow Friday morning and it continued to snow all weekend untill about Sunday noon when we had to head home.:(

On Friday made it back to penis point (green forestry tower), snow was not bad :rant: approx. 6-8" of fresh, which was disappointing as that is what was at the bottom, usually if 6" down low, would be a lot more up top, but not so.

There are still plenty of landmines to watch out for as my nephew found out the hard way and messed his front end up pretty good, also a couple of other sleds missing skis, trailing arms etc, Bottom line is there is just enough to cover up the landmines at Frisby, heard it was same at Boulder.

Parking at Frisby is now from the main parking lot and trail passes are $15.00. Trail on Sunday was groomed from the bottom, but after 30 sleds or so, it was getting pretty rough, especially coming down, just not a good base yet.

No pics as it was just to foggy etc.
dont know where u were ridin snowdog but we found lotsa fresh at both frisby and boulder. I will agree that the trail is killer on the kidneys and lower back though

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I would have to say the riding at Frisby Sunday was awesome, lots of snow from Fri to Sun. We rolled in Thurs to not the best conditions but left Sunday with smiles from ear to ear and aching bodies!!! Here's a few pics for ya...

Attachments

• IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 61

MorgLock

Reaction score
Hey guys, Rode boulder Sunday, it was awesome, no problems finding 3 ft of powder, clear breaks all day. Lots of snow...

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Guys with the amount of traffic, just getting snow down low and the warm temps. it`s tough to get the trails to set up. Both mtns. were groomed Fri. Sat. and Sun. night. It will get better just need more snow and cooler temps.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like you guys forgot to remove the stock tree magnets from yer sleds :nono:

great pics, was hoping to get out this upcomming but work might hold me down :rant:

clifford the big red dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey boys, pictures way to cool snow looks great from here, Its been snowing for a week and I think we might have 6", thanks for lifting my spirits

bigskysledder

Reaction score
Website
www.sheldonzacharias.com
Hey Hitech>>>did you you figure out a way to fasten those plastic rulers to the track on that John Deer rocket of yours. I thought the idea of the libby's bean can to replace the stock can was good, more horse power and your sled really farts now, and it gets so hot you can cook a dog on it. Heard you knocked the orange flag off the back two weekends ago when you hit a tree pulling a beer out of the drink holder on the handle bars....get it fixed yet.

Oh the gang from super 8 called...you can stay there at huge discount again. Apparently the 27 dozen empties you left in your room, in the hall, in the hot tub, in the lobby and in the parking lot helped pay a lot of bills there. Apparently the older gal with no teeth and stinking moccassins you left there isn't really welcome back, they hinted she wasn't potty trained and a lot of the chairs, bedding etc could not be re used after they cleaned the room.

Something about a smell "like the outhouse door off a salmon boat".

Anyways looking forward to riding with you again Saturday....sent Don Cherry a video of you breaking the beer bottle over the dude's head in Golden Bar and the ensuing bar brawl.....Grapes sent a note back saying it was even too gritty for his liking.

Oh yeah...you better bring a roll of tissue..... I felt bad to see you ride with no socks last time we went out, thats must be hard standing on the running boards with those worn out moccasins.

Cheeers!!!

Good riding Big Sky

Top Bottom