Snobunge Float 30 Avy Bag ?????

Powder hound

Reaction score
Is anyone fimiliar with this bag? I dont hear much talk about it as I do about the other two companies. I seen an add in the Ultimate Snowmobile Buyers Guide, it was showing it priced at $500. This is an air filled canister unit that is half the money of it competion. What is up with that?

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard about it this weekend.

IIRC it's not out yet but scheduled to be released before X-mas?

I'm not entirely sure so don't hold me to that.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the BCA float 30 bag. If so we are a distributor for them and are almost sold out of our pre-orders again. i have already had to up the order numbers from what i preseason ordered. they have been at a bunch of the sled shows with this pack to demonstrate it. You can fine more info on backcountryaccess.com

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the BCA float 30 bag. If so we are a distributor for them and are almost sold out of our pre-orders again. i have already had to up the order numbers from what i preseason ordered. they have been at a bunch of the sled shows with this pack to demonstrate it. You can fine more info on backcountryaccess.com

So does this mean you have them instock?

If so, what's the CDN price on them?

Thanks,
Q

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Glen,

There is not too much about it on the website, but they talk lots about the testing they are doing. Looks like it will be a good option for air bag packs. What will your price be? If we are considering buying, we would rather support the little guy.

Dean

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great video clip, thanks

It might sound funny, but my biggest concern is WHY is it so much cheaper than the other air bags on the market, seems too good to be true. But it looks like a great product

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great video clip, thanks

It might sound funny, but my biggest concern is WHY is it so much cheaper than the other air bags on the market, seems too good to be true. But it looks like a great product

Good question.

There are a number of viable reasons. Maybe something has to be asked as to why the others are so expensive?

ABS owned the market. Been doing it for years and years, then snowpulse came in and basically matched their price. There was demand, why not make as much?

This third option may have other reasons, but maybe they are looking to shake things up a bit.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If we really think about it guys how much cost could there be in a back pack, air canister and a nylon bag that fills up with air? the actuall back pack is probally no more then $35- $40 cost on a mass production so that means the cannister and air bag is $1000 from the other guys! I dont know about you guys back that seems pretty pricey so they have no choice but to come down!!

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sometimes companies need to recoup thier costs of R & D quickly and that can drive up prices until somone else enters the market at a more resonable price point...

Just a thought.....

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If we really think about it guys how much cost could there be in a back pack, air canister and a nylon bag that fills up with air? the actuall back pack is probally no more then $35- $40 cost on a mass production so that means the cannister and air bag is $1000 from the other guys! I dont know about you guys back that seems pretty pricey so they have no choice but to come down!!

Coming from a guy who drives a Hummer. Bahahahhaa

But yea, there is more to it then people see. True, it's a fairly simple device, but there is insurance, R&D, testing, etc.

I'll admit, the ABS bags ARE nice. Even the backpack is built to last.

I'm on the fence. I'd like to see the Float bag, but don't really want to wait till I see it tested. Really not sure what to do.

Top Bottom