snatch block

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with all the different styles just wondering what everyone is running on their atv.

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I clicked this thread thinking it was going to be a female version of the famous male "C*ck Block Stories"...
:confused:

@ MoMMa story
reminds me of the time i had my wife helping me...."just a 'c' hair this way.", "what?",..."just a 'C' HAIR this way!", "what are you talking about?!"...explaining was LFMAO!

Last edited:

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda figured this would take a turn to the darkside

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what i use...Warn 7000lb, throw a sling around a tree and connect it with a clevis...works great. Cost is around $50. If you're going to use synthetic line, make sure the snatch block is new, and hasn't been used with wire cable.

Attachments

• !Bs,cctgCGk~$(KGrHqUOKi8EusBo,9d7BL3wFF5hpw~~_35.jpg
    !Bs,cctgCGk~$(KGrHqUOKi8EusBo,9d7BL3wFF5hpw~~_35.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 210

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what i use...Warn 7000lb, throw a sling around a tree and connect it with a clevis...works great. Cost is around $50. If you're going to use synthetic line, make sure the snatch block is new, and hasn't been used with wire cable.

Wire cable will scratch your snatch....

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thks goodngrubby thats the exact snatch block I was looking at just wasnt sure about them...

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Doesn't the synthetic run off the side of the pulley? Where did you get it?

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya we had cheap ones from princess auto and same thing happened to slip out of pulley

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
omgosh I'm sorry.. I can't even read this without killing myself laughing.

TWISTED SAGAS OF A DEMENTED PARTS GIRL | joydigger.com

what store was that? Notice an OSET electric trials bike in the back ground... i want one for my son...

on the comments i use a green one from Northern Metalic... half ton rated... opens up so you can put the cable or line in... its cheap 30 bucks... and strong enough for quads but also light!

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what store was that? Notice an OSET electric trials bike in the back ground... i want one for my son...

on the comments i use a green one from Northern Metalic... half ton rated... opens up so you can put the cable or line in... its cheap 30 bucks... and strong enough for quads but also light!

Think its t&t motorsports its in bonneyville..there a sponsor on the site look em up im sure they'll hook you up

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the synthetic run off the side of the pulley? Where did you get it?

Sometimes it will if you allow slack in the line, but if you keep a little pressure on the winch, they actually work well. I have a handful of cheapos that came with various winches, but they're junk. I can't remember where I got the Warn one from, it's been kicking around for a while now.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found the warn one at greggs distributing $56 out the door 20140115_105352.jpg

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there a rating on that?

I checked warn site they have that pic as 9000 lb which would be huge, also list a new one at 5000 lb looks like for an atv.

was looking at princess auto, they have almost the same with a hook on it, 5000lb rating for $9.99. would need to be modified for easy field use. drill the hole mount for the hook out and put a larger pin in with a hair pin. Or drill the hook mount hole out to accept a clevis pin and use a rated clevis D ring. i'm leaning to the D ring hook up. looks way easier and would not lessen the rating that much. $15 total investment. it was rated at 4 tons. they also have a 2 ton snatch block for $5.99 but not heavy enough, very good possibility of getting hurt when it comes apart.

Last edited:
Top Bottom