Smoked my belt today

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I smoked my belt today. Now when leaving from a stop I get a shudder. I haven't taken it apart to check the sheaves but expect I just need to replace the belt. Of course I will verify this. Anyways, what is everyones opinion on stock belt vs aftermarket? I usually go with factory but haven't bought one yet for the 800. 2012 max xt 800 with silverbacks.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe a clutch kit will help u not smoke your next belt

Sent from my iPhone using

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I smoked my belt today. Now when leaving from a stop I get a shudder. I haven't taken it apart to check the sheaves but expect I just need to replace the belt. Of course I will verify this. Anyways, what is everyones opinion on stock belt vs aftermarket? I usually go with factory but haven't bought one yet for the 800. 2012 max xt 800 with silverbacks.

send pictures of what you were doing... thats the fist Can Am belt i've heard get damaged... what were you doing?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in bush. All wheels were caught up and u was in high range pinned it and smoked it. Totally my fault. I should know better lol

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw a guy on a commander smoke his belt in a mud hole on sunday, looked like he was three sheets to the wind, Drove into where 2 other SxS just got pulled out, We made him sit till the rest of us got through before we got him out, His bud on a rzzr 900 jumped in the same hole. We left. Belts will only take so much.

Top Bottom