Smithers Snowmobile Riders

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all, the club has been working on trail clearing and cabin upgrading for a good part of the summer. For all you out of town'ers you will be happy to know there are several new trails and a few new cabins on the go. Plans for more upgrades are still in the works money and volunteers depending. Cabins are starting to be stocked with wood and preparation is underway for snowfall. Cant wait to see you all on the hill and to meet some new comers from all around.

Lets get ready to Ride!!!

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds excellent. I've never been sledding to Smithers but hear its awesome. Our group is planning on doing Smithers this year. Is there somewhere I can get trail maps online for all the areas there?

Napalmx

Reaction score
Smithers is great to ride. I live in Hazelton and ride in Smithers, Hazelton and Houston and I'll get over to Terrace every once and a while too. Always looking for guys to ride with, PM if anyone is interested.

T-BO

Reaction score
Glad to hear it boys! I'll be making another trip this year for sure. Smithers is an epic, epic destination!

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To all who is interested..... Lots of snow falling in the Smithers area with a rock hard base. Been cold and hasn't snowed much in recent days but the forecast looks good. Tried out the improved pine creek trail yesterday and must say it is a vast improvement over the old one. Trail has been groomed to the end of the cut block and the line through the trees is good. Mill creek has some soft snow but limited access. Sinclair has good snow with hard pack up top. Watch for slides! Mic is good, lots of snow in the lower areas. more info to follow.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To all who is interested..... Lots of snow falling in the Smithers area with a rock hard base. Been cold and hasn't snowed much in recent days but the forecast looks good. Tried out the improved pine creek trail yesterday and must say it is a vast improvement over the old one. Trail has been groomed to the end of the cut block and the line through the trees is good. Mill creek has some soft snow but limited access. Sinclair has good snow with hard pack up top. Watch for slides! Mic is good, lots of snow in the lower areas. more info to follow.

Can hardly wait to make the long haul. Me and the Sinclair have never got along... but I can't wait to try the Microwave again this year. Any word from the Onion or the Harold Price?? The best thing about Smithers is that there is something for everyone: boys only rides, days to bring the kids to the Dome and Onion, or Mommy days on the Microwave!!... Keep the snow coming :):p

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent a Blue Bird day on the Mic yesterday. Pine creek trail is in good shape. Over a foot of fresh snow on the Smithers side, however looked like Telkwa side was the place to be yesterday with over a foot of fresh snow and not as wind blown. Been hearing many good things about Sinclair and harrold price area's. Snow is falling in town which is a excellent sign of more to come over the holidays. Groomers are operational however more volunteers/members are needed to keep things running. For the out of towners, welcome and please remember to buy a trail pass.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nearly a foot of fresh stuff in town over the last 24hrs. So much more has fallen in the mountains. More snow in the forecast for the next day or so.

Top Bottom