Smithers "rocks"

Captnzar

Reaction score
This is a shout out to the great people that made Smithers feel like home to three Alaskans. Curtis at Polaris thank you! Whitegold thanks for the info. Willy & Robert thanks for the tour you guys made our trip! Smithers Snowmobile club you set the standard of what a club should be.

We will be back!

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey..... this is suppose to be our little secret.... lol.... glad you had a good time, but sorry I couldn't be there!

Last edited:

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all, just wondering what the sled conditions are looking like over in and around smithers?

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking of going out to Smithers for a ride, couple questions before I make plans, Best place to stay?, Is there any Guides that could show a group of 3-4 people around?, Trail fee's and distance to area's from the town?...Any info would be great guys. Thanks in advance. I seen a video on Youtube "Snowmobiling in Heaven" what a great looking area!!

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking of going out to Smithers for a ride, couple questions before I make plans, Best place to stay?, Is there any Guides that could show a group of 3-4 people around?, Trail fee's and distance to area's from the town?...Any info would be great guys. Thanks in advance. I seen a video on Youtube "Snowmobiling in Heaven" what a great looking area!!

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Captnzar

Reaction score
We stayed for a week, Google VRBO if you have never used it. There are a Cple places that can be rented. As far as finding someone to ride with I don't think it will be very difficult, we made a contact using this site. Good luck

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
spring conditions..... :(

Attachments

• sledding.jpg
    sledding.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 274

riposte

Reaction score
Do the areas around smithers usually get decent snow? How can shames mountain by terrace average over 40ft of snow a year and hudson bay only get like 10ft when they're pretty much the same latitude? I know being closer to the ocean plays a part but I wouldn't think that much as they're pretty close...

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Terrace area is a lot wetter then we are here.... even the snow texture is different.... we get a really dry powdery type of snow and they tend to get a bit heavier, wetter snow... it is warmer and wetter there. We went up the Onion yesterday and this is the conditions that we had.....

Attachments

• DSCN2772.jpg
    DSCN2772.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 158

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried to get into sibolas on weekend but was a no go with all the open creeks. Made it not much farther then the cabin. Snow pack is lowest we've ever seen it.

Top Bottom