Smithers area: need someone to take me out!

Smoke Show

Reaction score
i'm here till jan2nd then i head back to fort nelson.

Basically i'm staying on the hill at my parents cabin but i finally brought my sled up and i was hoping someone would take me out for the day to show me the area. Please and thank you.

I'm no pro but i've been to the mountains before, i have my beacon and stuff on me and i can haul one more sled on my deck.

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks
Sean

i'm riding an xp 154

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Basically i'm staying on the hill at my parents cabin but i finally brought my sled up and i was hoping someone would take me out for the day to show me the area. Please and thank you.

I'm no pro but i've been to the mountains before, i have my beacon and stuff on me and i can haul one more sled on my deck.

Thanks
Sean

i'm riding an xp 154

Contact Whitegold on here. She lives there and rides frequently. I am headed up tomorrow or the next day. I will check and see if you have hooked up with anyone yet :)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Contact Whitegold on here. She lives there and rides frequently. I am headed up tomorrow or the next day. I will check and see if you have hooked up with anyone yet :)

Are you guys gonna be goin thru Mcbride. If so you should stop in and check out our new shop on Main st. With all the extra room this year versus last year it is so nice to be able to stock more stuff and display things like turbo'd sleds, big bore cats, and alot of clothing.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks
Sean

i'm riding an xp 154

Like sledmamma said get ahold of whitegold cause if she isn't ridin i'm sure she'll know people that are.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you guys gonna be goin thru Mcbride. If so you should stop in and check out our new shop on Main st. With all the extra room this year versus last year it is so nice to be able to stock more stuff and display things like turbo'd sleds, big bore cats, and alot of clothing.

I will be by to see you before the Rasmussen clinic on the 3rd... Don't worry we won't forget you in our travels :)

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are heading out to a remote cabin for new years, but if the weather is decent on sunday we may be going then. How much experience do you have? Are you really comfortable with side hilling? If the weather is good we may be heading up Sinclair again and it is steep and deep....

Smoke Show

Reaction score
sunday is the only day i can't ride cause i have to drive home that day unforuntely as i have to be back to work for monday.

yes i can sidehill. i normally ride in hassler, bijoux falls and from there we ride around tbe back side of powderking. and redfern. i have a couple thousand km's on my xp.

i'm down for anything and especially deep!

Smoke Show

Reaction score
someone told me to just go to the onion parking lot and i might be able to find someone there to hook up with.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure you'll be successful at the Onion parking lot.... there isn't much snow up on the Babine side of the valley yet, I think you would do better at the Mic parking lot. I can't think of anyone going up today.... everyone's working.. :( What you can try is stopping in at Trails North in town and ask Kendra if she knows of anyone going up today.... or at Wayside, they may know.

Wish I could be more help to ya... let us know how it goes.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure you'll be successful at the Onion parking lot.... there isn't much snow up on the Babine side of the valley yet, I think you would do better at the Mic parking lot. I can't think of anyone going up today.... everyone's working.. :( What you can try is stopping in at Trails North in town and ask Kendra if she knows of anyone going up today.... or at Wayside, they may know.

Wish I could be more help to ya... let us know how it goes.

My cousin is headed up the Mic today- wish I knew earlier and I would have hooked you up with their crew.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey... just saw a group heading up towards the mic parking lot, (they have to drive by my place.... handy!! )you can probably hook up with them. If you do go just take a look at their tracks as they can go mic or Sinclair from that parking lot. Also, the groomer will be working on the Sinclair trail this afternoon so keep your eyes open for them. Have a great day!!

Last edited:

Smoke Show

Reaction score
Hey... just saw a group heading up towards the mic parking lot, (they have to drive by my place.... handy!! )you can probably hook up with them. If you do go just take a look at their tracks as they can go mic or Sinclair from that parking lot. Also, the groomer will be working on the Sinclair trail this afternoon so keep your eyes open for them. Have a great day!!

i missed this post sorry. when i saw nothing at 9:30 i just strapped my skis on and went skiing instead. but tomorrow i'm hell bent on going. the old guys behind me are telling me to go to mic tower and then sledmamma said she might take me which i'd owe her dearly for if it works out. i hope it works out! i'm way too excited, i need to get out. :d

Top Bottom