Slydog 8" powder hounds for 2015 XM

snowho

Reaction score
I don't like the stock ski so I was thinking about the powder hounds. Does anyone have any feed back ?

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a set on my rev. Loved them. Huge difference in flotation compared to the stock skis. Not sure about on XP or XM chassis though.

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put a set on my xm...steer so easy and float great...they weigh2.5 lbs more per ski than stockers..whopdeedoo...you won't even notice as they are far superior in every way...

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had the 7" wide powder hounds on my sleds since my '11 and I'll never go back to stock.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of guys changing skis been going to the Polaris Gripper skis they aare a good ski I had them on my Xp.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran a set on my old Rev and found in the light powder they worked awesome. In the deep but set up spring time snow though I found they plowed a bit at lower speeds and made it a little tough to steer/handle. To be honest I didn't have any problem with the stock ski's on my XM but to each his own.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran a set on my old Rev and found in the light powder they worked awesome. In the deep but set up spring time snow though I found they plowed a bit at lower speeds and made it a little tough to steer/handle. To be honest I didn't have any problem with the stock ski's on my XM but to each his own.

Slydogs and Simmons were relevant a couple chassis ago.

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really depends on what kind of riding you do and what portion of that riding you want to improve.

Simmons on my old rev were incredible. I have rented new sleds the past few years and I hated every pair of skis on the trail. In the powder they were fine but its my opinion any ski in power will be fine.

I have Gen 1 simmons coming for my new sled. It was a tough call between the gen 1 or gen 3s but I figure the skinnier ski is better for side hilling.

If I am totally messed up I still have the stockers.

I have looked at slydogs as well. I think they are a good ski but I had no experience with them. They sure look cool though.

powdermuncher

Reaction score
8 inch sly dogs are the lightest ski of that size with the least steering effort -- used them on different sleds with great success -- much lighter than Simmons.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grippers work good on the rider forward sleds.
The Gen 1 Simmons not so much. Tried them and hated them.
Have had the grippers for a couple years and IMO way better than the Doo ski.

snowho

Reaction score
Thanks for all the good info everyone. I bought a set of sly dogs and will see how they work

snowho

Reaction score
Thanks for the info everyone. I had a set of sly dogs on an M8 cat and they worked well,so well, I'm thinking of getting a set for my new T3 163 XM. To be honest I really have not done any real world testing of the stock skies just an ally ride or two. They just look so skinny,cheesy, and what's with the bolt on tips " in case I encounter deep snow" I don't want to encounter it I want to live in it.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy's put spi Mohawks on there xm and love them compared to the ds2

Top Bottom