SLP pipe on XM

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we installed a starting line products pipe kit just before xmas. So thats there y-pipe, pipe, and can combo. Consensus was that it was a real big mid range pick up all the way from about 5-7500rpm. You could really feel it. Top end, hard to tell. We say there was some minor gains to be hand but not mid blowing away. Comparing to a totally stock XM, you could really see the mid range pickup. Pipe was also installed with SLP's clutching recommendations. No PCV controller yet installed. Still pull n go, no codes.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So whats the scoup here Maxwell. For years people have been saying no gains with an aftermarket exhaust on a ptek.

I don't know if it was so much the pipe as it was the y pipe. Your right most aftermarket says no gains from pipe on ptek and I've never tried just a pipe by itself so I can't really verify. But Cory Micku says a pipe is the way to go on the Etec. Haven't tried one yet

Moeman

Reaction score
Just a y pipe with a stock pipe will give you that much extra in the mid range?

I don't know if it was so much the pipe as it was the y pipe. Your right most aftermarket says no gains from pipe on ptek and I've never tried just a pipe by itself so I can't really verify. But Cory Micku says a pipe is the way to go on the Etec. Haven't tried one yet

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we installed a starting line products pipe kit just before xmas. So thats there y-pipe, pipe, and can combo. Consensus was that it was a real big mid range pick up all the way from about 5-7500rpm. You could really feel it. Top end, hard to tell. We say there was some minor gains to be hand but not mid blowing away. Comparing to a totally stock XM, you could really see the mid range pickup. Pipe was also installed with SLP's clutching recommendations. No PCV controller yet installed. Still pull n go, no codes.

How much? where ya order from... I think I want!!!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just to inform, this was all three from SLP

Johni we got it for just over 650 i think it was :) Mid range was worth it if you like the trees. We still gatta pull some weight out as it was not 100% at rpm, so there may be more to behad but i am thinking it will be marginal.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just to inform, this was all three from SLP

Johni we got it for just over 650 i think it was :) Mid range was worth it if you like the trees. We still gatta pull some weight out as it was not 100% at rpm, so there may be more to behad but i am thinking it will be marginal.

nice I see it on their site for $699? did you buy local I just emailed for a good guy discount lol... then what $50 for spring and weights? ramps too?

or just get the complete TEAM clutch lol andother $600

side note my clutch is black? not just at the bottom but right in the middle 2 inch wide...?? alignment? didnt feel any slipping?

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did just the pipe cause of a crash (cheaper aftermarket) and noticed slight power, nothing mind blowing though. Its got quieter though and don't really mind that either

Darrell etec

Reaction score
I just installed SLP Y pipe, pipe and MBRP can on my 2012 etec didnt seem to line up that well. It sounds goods and seems to pull alittle harder. Biggest gain was losing 16 pounds over stock parts. Waiting to try it on the hills now.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't waste my money on slp anything, it's all junk. You will get more hp from stock exhaust. Yes you will save weight but your better off to just stick a can on then. Usually if you stick their y pipe on the stock exhaust won't fit right, then if you put their pipe on no other can will fit right with it. I also find they are snotty people to deal with. Just my experiences though.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just installed SLP Y pipe, pipe and MBRP can on my 2012 etec didnt seem to line up that well. It sounds goods and seems to pull alittle harder. Biggest gain was losing 16 pounds over stock parts. Waiting to try it on the hills now.

why not use SLP can?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice I see it on their site for $699? did you buy local I just emailed for a good guy discount lol... then what $50 for spring and weights? ramps too?

or just get the complete TEAM clutch lol andother $600

side note my clutch is black? not just at the bottom but right in the middle 2 inch wide...?? alignment? didnt feel any slipping?

yea spring weight, & ramps, we didnt put the ramps in yet as we wants to try and know there is more clutching to be done as there recommendations can be off. We are running the stock clutches, not team setups on this ride. We will be out at forestor tomorrow with the machine if you want to see it in person.

As for price.... i have my resources :beer:

Top Bottom