SlimeR HDC Alpha

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up some spray foam yesterday to do my bars, mag side warmer is noticeably hotter than PTO side. Maybe we'll cross paths this weekend at EP.

Does the spray foam help? I just did mine yesterday. I dont understand why guys put aftermarket bars on? I love the nice hot grips sleds come with. Hoping the foam helps a bit. Getting tired of cold wet hands.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
So in all that rambling you revealed you waste a chit load of time messing with your clutch and sled to get a sled that runs worse than stock ?

Haha, no, it’s not worse than stock. It was way worse than stock! Mine is a 174” and I got smoked by a 154”.

Remember, I own the very same model sled that smoked mine. I couldn’t stand riding it, it was that gutless. So boring to ride. Brought it home and ripped her apart.

Bad tuning day. It happens to everybody. It’s all part of it. No biggie. Dust yer self off, learn, move on. The cycle of life.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the spray foam help? I just did mine yesterday. I dont understand why guys put aftermarket bars on? I love the nice hot grips sleds come with. Hoping the foam helps a bit. Getting tired of cold wet hands.
haven't done it yet. I always had doo's with cork but my Cat doesn't and it's easier to spray foam the bars than peel heaters off to add cork. I'll report back after. I'm not expecting much but for $6 I'll try it.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Altitude Power Sports is a stock, over the counter clutch parts changing company. Anything APS uses is easily available to the public. It’s simple grade school clutch stuff. They are great. Just ask them. They are too busy drinking champagne cuz I had a bad day. It’s like when a race car breaks in other lane and the race winner jumps around, flailing arms and all, yelling the other guys car sucks. You know what racers think about people like this. They quickly dig themselves into a hole.

I am always looking for clutching knowledge. I love talking with my mentor and like minded individuals and I love absorbing the knowledge. My clutching is 100% custom and nothing APS supplies or knows will ever apply. They don’t have the ability to think out of the box. Big fish in small pond syndrome. Very unfortunate.

The best improvement I have found is mindset.

A cool thing is tho, I just recorded my 75th change on my clutching setup. 90/195 secondary spring, 52/42 helix. I took a .040 spring spacer out and it lowered the belt temp by 30degrees. Crazy sensitive secondary clutch. The secondary is the “brains” of the system so too much pin weight and the primary is the boss. Too little pin weight and the clutch can’t work properly. It needs to have an almost perfect balance. The primary needs about 1.3 grams added to the pin weight. I’ll find the weight that is the lightest I can use without over revving and dropping off the back side. Then I’ll add 3/10 of a gram in small steps until it can’t pull it. Now I will know what weight window I have to work with. Man I learned so much when I look at the tuning sheets. Lots is obvious now but man I had a ton of disappointing changes. I remember the day I thought my semi stockish clutching was 100% with the components I had. Perfect rpm, pulled great, max power transmitted so I thought. Then I talked to my mentor and quickly learned I was only 25% there. There were so many component changes since then and each step the sled went better and better. I can describe clutching like a mouse in a maze. Go this way, wrong. Hit a wall, go other way. Think old ways, fail. Try the opposite of something that used to work and woohoo!

I’m Rambling anyway. Always in pursuit of perfection. Maybe 80 changes will be the magic number. Sorry not sorry about the derail EZ and Deaner you are a chit disturber! Haha
I admire your tenacity and commitment to the cause but I am just not interested in spending that kind of time and money chasing the dragon. I feel like the Alpha is clutched decently stock but would sure like more engine braking as it gets a bit wild dropping some descents. I'll probably end up with an off the shelf kit. I need to buy Aaen's book.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I admire your tenacity and commitment to the cause but I am just not interested in spending that kind of time and money chasing the dragon. I feel like the Alpha is clutched decently stock but would sure like more engine braking as it gets a bit wild dropping some descents. I'll probably end up with an off the shelf kit. I need to buy Aaen's book.

Agree. The Alpha is pretty good outta the box. No blown belts, holds rpm good.
95da9e172b383102c484b9fd78da913c.jpg

Last edited:

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Once you get away from the straight helix you will get better engine braking/backshift. You dont need anything else, other than these standard off the shelf parts. The primary weights are also very tip heavy which reduces your backshift capabilities.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sooo.... is Kanedog gunna ride with the Altitude powersports crew at mountain mania????
We actually ended the last ride on a good note. Not sure where all Kanedog’s negativity is coming from. His sled did run like dog crap. We swapped sleds on the way down , I drove the turbo killer for a bit and I let him drive my turbo. I can attest that his sled was running horribly that day. But if your gonna run your mouth about having a turbo killer you better bring your A game. I was looking forward to visiting with the dogg at MM but with his latest comments I can see he’s turning into a grumpy old man who can’t back up his smack. I think it’s best he finds a new group to ride with at MM and they can find out who the real Kdogg is. We will be on the bunny hills and poaching tracks at MM if anyone wants to join us.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no... it's getting pretty passive aggressive lol

In poker, I’m more of a loose aggressive. Dramaweld28 harbours some deep anger issues and is toxic. I’m too old for that stuff. That being said, I’d work my ass to exhaustion to dig him out of an avy. After he was alive, warm and well, I’d ride off waving and saying “bye bye dicface!” Bahahahaha.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, i guess its time to reiterate my original comment that Kanedog has twisted out of shape. My whole group was buying into his super low clutch theory. We had a great dinner, lots of laughs and all looked forward to riding the next day. We were pitched on the Kanedog clutching marvels and that we needed to think outside the box. We are amateurs at clutching and that he was going to show us how well his sled works....... the iconic "turbo killer". I remember going to bed thinking this is great i get to learn some more and maybe find a way to clutch sleds better then I had been.

We all took some time make some adjustments and made some pulls. After several changes, Kanedog made a couple pulls and fell short of a stock 154 in break in mode. it was very disappointing. We all made some comments and moved on.

There is no anger here, or drama. Im just here to have fun and ride with people that want to do the same.

Kanedog... if you can't take a few jabs after you talked your self up that much, then your in the wrong sport. Time to lift the bottom lip off the floor and move on.(Don't make me start calling you Bubba gump.... that thing will get caught on a trip wire... LOL) Come on out to McBride and show us this new alpha converted to a twin rail build. Ill have my Axys/mono rail build. Its all for the fun of the sport.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, i guess its time to reiterate my original comment that Kanedog has twisted out of shape. My whole group was buying into his super low clutch theory. We had a great dinner, lots of laughs and all looked forward to riding the next day. We were pitched on the Kanedog clutching marvels and that we needed to think outside the box. We are amateurs at clutching and that he was going to show us how well his sled works....... the iconic "turbo killer". I remember going to bed thinking this is great i get to learn some more and maybe find a way to clutch sleds better then I had been.

We all took some time make some adjustments and made some pulls. After several changes, Kanedog made a couple pulls and fell short of a stock 154 in break in mode. it was very disappointing. We all made some comments and moved on.

There is no anger here, or drama. Im just here to have fun and ride with people that want to do the same.

Kanedog... if you can't take a few jabs after you talked your self up that much, then your in the wrong sport. Time to lift the bottom lip off the floor and move on.(Don't make me start calling you Bubba gump.... that thing will get caught on a trip wire... LOL) Come on out to McBride and show us this new alpha converted to a twin rail build. Ill have my Axys/mono rail build. Its all for the fun of the sport.

Shutup Dicface! Bahahahaha. It’s not about sledding/winning/jabs/clutching/losing/riding. I don’t care about that.

I read people extremely well and I don’t like what I see. No biggie.

We can slow dance at MM2020.

Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Might run into you. Our crew usually rides the bunny hills also.
We actually ended the last ride on a good note. Not sure where all Kanedog’s negativity is coming from. His sled did run like dog crap. We swapped sleds on the way down , I drove the turbo killer for a bit and I let him drive my turbo. I can attest that his sled was running horribly that day. But if your gonna run your mouth about having a turbo killer you better bring your A game. I was looking forward to visiting with the dogg at MM but with his latest comments I can see he’s turning into a grumpy old man who can’t back up his smack. I think it’s best he finds a new group to ride with at MM and they can find out who the real Kdogg is. We will be on the bunny hills and poaching tracks at MM if anyone wants to join us.

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good thing McBride has three staging areas. I don't know if i could watch this funny drama unfold only on the dance floor. ill buy drinks for first guy who calls out the doggy on a straight up climb. i'd like to see this turbski do some damage kanedog. Are you coming back ready or are you still tuning the doo? Maybe a lil poke race with that Alphapoo? that thing looks pretty majestic! Time to ante up Dog, redemption???

Top Bottom