slider replament

fersch

Reaction score
Whats the easiest way to replace the sliders on a 2015 t3? they wont fit throu the window . also would anyone know what the specs are on the handle bars of the same sled. Mine cam incontact with a tree and not sure if i want to replace with stock or go aftermarket. sled has only 335kms on the sliders and they are worn

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cut two windows a little bit bigger and pull them out.
Doesn't hurt anything as not cutting much.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take the skid out and pull the sliders off. Also gives one a chance to inspect and grease the skid. Or you can trim the Windows slightly until the sliders will fit through.

As far as bars I think they are around 12°. Some people like 10° whereas others like 15°. Bars are kind of a personal preference deal. Try some out at a store and figure out what ya like.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cut two windows a little bit bigger and pull them out.
Doesn't hurt anything as not cutting much.

x2

That's the ticket and saves a ton a ton of time. Did mine yesterday.. I spray a little WD40 inside the new sliders before I slide them on. Makes life a bit easier..

Canadian Snow

Reaction score
Just loosen rear axel/tension bolts and pull the track to either side to remove sliders. Also check your track alignment and tension. 700km on mine and track has stretched a lot. My first set of sliders went at 200km so I added one set of wheels to the skid and replaced the skidoo scratchers with RSI scratchers. Sliders still look new after 500km.

fersch

Reaction score
So that's all I have to do is remove the tension bolts and the track is going to slide that much to the side to replace the sliders?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It is definitely easier cutting two track windows a little wider. Raise the sled off the floor. At the back of the track, locate two windows on top of the track (works easier for the cutting) and with a box cutter shave about 1/8" off both sides of the windows. Rotate the track so the windows line up with the rear of the slider. Undo the screw at the front of the slider, spray a little lube on the rail, and use a big screw driver or cold chisel with a hammer to move the slider down the rail and out the window. When the slider is out the window, grab with vise grips and pull. Easy-peasy. About a two beer job; one per slider!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is definitely easier cutting two track windows a little wider. Raise the sled off the floor. At the back of the track, locate two windows on top of the track (works easier for the cutting) and with a box cutter shave about 1/8" off both sides of the windows. Rotate the track so the windows line up with the rear of the slider. Undo the screw at the front of the slider, spray a little lube on the rail, and use a big screw driver or cold chisel with a hammer to move the slider down the rail and out the window. When the slider is out the window, grab with vise grips and pull. Easy-peasy. About a two beer job; one per slider!
And u only have to make the holes bigger once, I'm sure the t3 will need sliders again, and again

sledneckx69

Reaction score
Cut the windows larger? That seems like a horrible idea, specially on a sled with warranty, but you do what you like. Like the other guy said, loosen the track and yes it should move enough to get it out.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Cut the windows larger? That seems like a horrible idea, specially on a sled with warranty, but you do what you like. Like the other guy said, loosen the track and yes it should move enough to get it out.

He said 1/8" off each side. Hardly gonna hurt anything, and you'd likely have to mark them with paint or something to even find them again.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

I've been doo-ing it for years with no consequences. Yes, the T3 will have to be changed quite often but to each their own, eh!

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any tips for putting the new ones on?

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cut the windows by the logo is so you can find them again.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sliders wear out a lot faster on long tracks imo. the first time i changed a set out was on the trails sleds i used to own. after 5 years almost to the point of forgetting you even have sliders. theres lots of good ideas besides pulling your suspension out. i personally like the quick method.

as far as cutting two track ports a little bigger was never a issue. the ports were cut once already anyways.

GregW

Reaction score
To your question regarding tips for putting them on, you need to be careful doing this, I ruined one the first time. Regardless of whether you enlarge a window or move the track from one side to the other, when you have the slider getting close to the front of the rail, go slow and use some form of clamp up front to keep the slider close to the rail, the bend at the front of the rail is so tight, the groves that hold the slider in place will crack and break right up, bang you just ruined a slider, just go slow at that point, get a buddy or your wife to help you. Done, until next time.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good point, or you could warm it up with your wifes hair dryer :nono:....if you dont have a heat gun.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To your question regarding tips for putting them on, you need to be careful doing this, I ruined one the first time. Regardless of whether you enlarge a window or move the track from one side to the other, when you have the slider getting close to the front of the rail, go slow and use some form of clamp up front to keep the slider close to the rail, the bend at the front of the rail is so tight, the groves that hold the slider in place will crack and break right up, bang you just ruined a slider, just go slow at that point, get a buddy or your wife to help you. Done, until next time.

Interesting! Done lots of sliders and never run into that problem. Anything is possible. Before I run the new sliders on I give them a shot of WD and they slide on really nice and easily a one man job.

fersch

Reaction score
Took buddies advice and removed the tension bolts on the rear wheels and took the axle out and move the track to the side. Very easy and maybe took an extra 5-10 mins. Wish warranty would cover a set of sliders. Only got 298kms on them and scratchers down on the trail. But we all no that's not going to happen. Lol.

Top Bottom