slide wear in a nitro xtx

diamondback

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone is having any unusual slide wear. If you are what would be a good remedy? I contacted the local dealer and I was told that the Yamaha marginal snow kit wouldn't fit on the Nitro XTX. I only have 300 miles on the sled and the slides need to be replaced. The weekend I did go the trails were a little icy but my Wife's sled didn't not seem to wear any. Her sled is a 2002 600 VMAX

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone is having any unusual slide wear. If you are what would be a good remedy? I contacted the local dealer and I was told that the Yamaha marginal snow kit wouldn't fit on the Nitro XTX. I only have 300 miles on the sled and the slides need to be replaced. The weekend I did go the trails were a little icy but my Wife's sled didn't not seem to wear any. Her sled is a 2002 600 VMAX

I know two people with Apex's and they go through sliders like crazy! I know that's not the Nitro, but maybe it's a yammer thing.

My sliders barely wear on my summit and I don't have scratchers.

diamondback

Reaction score
thanks for the info: I'm hoping there's something that I can do to help reduce the slide wear.

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, very normal, went through 3 sets of slide in 4 days when I first got my MTX. Scratchers are the only way and get a set of Hyperfax.

diamondback

Reaction score
Thanks for the info: I looked on line for Hyperfax and couldn't find anyone that sells them and where did you get your Scratchers at?

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Summitseeker on Snowest. They are the best ones I have found. they are not reversible but I reversed with them and they did not break. I had slidekicks on before went through three sets. Slidekicks are garbage IMO. Royal distributing sells Hyperfax aswell as specialty sleds I think.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, very normal, went through 3 sets of slide in 4 days when I first got my MTX. Scratchers are the only way and get a set of Hyperfax.

WOW!!! U went through 3 sets of sliders in 4 days....how many km did u put on...was the sled new? was the snow conditions average or low......we haven t had any issues out of the norm, other than late season wear, but your right with the scratchers they help on everything , also track tension is a big key..i believe this guy was referring to the xtx with the tip up rail.... we did go through a set on a ride at the end of the year but it was 190 miles one day on hard trails and back the next....

T

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW!!! U went through 3 sets of sliders in 4 days....how many km did u put on...was the sled new? was the snow conditions average or low......we haven t had any issues out of the norm, other than late season wear, but your right with the scratchers they help on everything , also track tension is a big key..i believe this guy was referring to the xtx with the tip up rail.... we did go through a set on a ride at the end of the year but it was 190 miles one day on hard trails and back the next....

T

Yes 3 sets in 4 days, I was P*ssed. The stock MTX track I might add was so folded over it would not dig into the snow and throw up any snow. The conditions were definately part of the problem. I know this is extreme but just goes to show if I would have had scratchers, would have never happened. I could feel the slides sticking to the track as I was riding along.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes 3 sets in 4 days, I was P*ssed. The stock MTX track I might add was so folded over it would not dig into the snow and throw up any snow. The conditions were definately part of the problem. I know this is extreme but just goes to show if I would have had scratchers, would have never happened. I could feel the slides sticking to the track as I was riding along.

no doubt that would pass i guy off..... if u ever have to change the track out go to the new powerclaw from cat....it kicks up ice chunks like a mo fo. my buddy has one on his nytro...n loves it...

T

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no doubt that would pass i guy off..... if u ever have to change the track out go to the new powerclaw from cat....it kicks up ice chunks like a mo fo. my buddy has one on his nytro...n loves it...

T

Got a 162 16 2.5 challenger extreme on it now.

Top Bottom