Sleds' parked, best summer camping???

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just had to start this one... I don't have a quad to keep me busy in the summer, so just had to throw it out there. Where's the best place you've been in Alberta for camping??? Hiking??? Fishing??? Just hanging out in front of the fire with some drinks and [family / friends]? Mountains??? Lake??? What do you stay in???

polcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:eek:
I just had to start this one... I don't have a quad to keep me busy in the summer, so just had to throw it out there. Where's the best place you've been in Alberta for camping??? Hiking??? Fishing??? Just hanging out in front of the fire with some drinks and [family / friends]? Mountains??? Lake??? What do you stay in???

get a quad ardy

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sea-doo GTX limited For Sale cheap. if purchased before spring.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Brazeau Dam, AB – fishing, boating, quading, camping.
Rock Lake Prov. Park, AB – fishing camping.
Mt. Kidd RV Park, AB – ‘glamping’, golf
Old MacDonald’s Farm, AB – family camping, golf
Christina Lake Prov. Park, BC – boating, fishing, camping.
Whistler’s Campground, AB – camping, hiking.

Just to name a few!!!

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
450 kodiak for sale..pm me..oh by the way..bighorn dam is an awsome place..even if it's only to drink beer:beer::beer::beer:

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
waiprous area, burnt timber area, both west of calgary!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What kind of camping do you want? Do you need an actual campground or do you want a random camp type of experience. Is fishing important to you?

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of camping do you want? Do you need an actual campground or do you want a random camp type of experience. Is fishing important to you?

Anything! Just curious what everyone else does! I don't mind 'pooping' in a hole our out in the trees! I usually try to hit up a marked campground of some sort though!

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:eek:

get a quad ardy

Thinking about it! Just have decide what brand / year, etc. I have ridden four wheel drives to Yamaha Banshee's, but I really don't know a lot about them (pros and cons). We could use a four wheel drive workhorse out here on the acreage, something that could accept a plow.

A quad would open up some possibilities as to places to go during the summer!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
West of Rocky Mountain house or Caroline is always amazing. There are lots of opportunities to random camp or camp in campgrounds. Allong the Clearwater river is really nice. Burntstick lake is a nice family type campground from what I remember, and there is fun quading and stream fishing around there (stoney creek flows into burntstick). There are a few lakes by Bonnieville that were always our family favorites. Wolf Lake to me is an awesome place. It's a nice big lake, good fishing, (Jacks and Pickerel) cool pellicans, wild blue berries! South West by the trunk road is really cool too. I meet my brother at Livingstone creek sometimes. There is a government campground that my handicapped dad finds user friendly. We usually random camp. Huge monster cuthroat, it's catch and release though. Great quading around there.
You should come to the Kootenays and try out Kootenay lake. Wait till the end of July if you have kids who like to swim, other wise they will end up frozen little kid-sicles! The lake doesn't warm up all that much! Unbelievable fishing though especially in the winter.

Last edited:

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grande Cache is awsome.... love it there worked up there for about 5-6 months really miss the place. Really nice camoing around there.. Also Cadimon is a verry nice place too.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Moyie Lake - BC
Crowsnest Pass
Mclean Creek, good for week day's
Big Horn Damn
Shawnda Flats
Brule'
Cadomin
Back Yard (acreage)

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Mr. 700summitguy! I trust we will!

BTW... Rock lake is one of my favorite places to go. Years ago used to be really busy, then slowed up. Now busy as H3LL again! Nice and remote.

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Long lake is pretty nice to go to, up near Boyle. A few peeps have mentioned snowmobiling is pretty good up that way too! Pretty good campground there, and good place to take the kids swimming.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i second osoyoos...use to go every year with the wife but after 6 years thought maybe time to try somewhere different. been a few years may have to get back there sometime soon...+45 usually when we're there...pavement so hot your sinkin in it..

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Long lake is pretty nice to go to, up near Boyle. A few peeps have mentioned snowmobiling is pretty good up that way too! Pretty good campground there, and good place to take the kids swimming.

The lakeland district around boyle and lac la biche is really good for camping, watersports, and some of the best fishing in alberta, way too many lakes to name.

Top Bottom