sleds for WORK.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking for input on what snowmobiles you guys use for work. currently use the bravo 250 and they are just GREAT. cheap, run forever, light, guys cant get into to much troule with 15hp and they have a good storage rack. well yamaha does not make the bravo anymore.

sooo next runner up is the skidoo tundra. GONA. the base 300cc model anyways. its now basically a summit with a price tag well over 10g.

i think the tundra may be the way to go. looks like there is a 550f for 8000+.........still no 3000$ bravo though.

anyone use these?

the scandics,vikings,bearcats and whatnot are too heavy and are more built for towing drags and whatnot i think?

just looking for input.

thanks

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The surveyors/siesmic guys seem to be running the Tundra's, I was looking at a used one but people were asking close to new price.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are still plenty of Bravos to be had Maxwell. I think they made them right up to 2011. really tough to beat it for the money, also it only takes 20 seconds to find any issues when looking over a prospective used unit. Are you a surveyor ?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
When I was doing pipeline surveying up north we ran Bravo's & twin track Alpines.... The Bravo is like the chevette of snowmobiles, love those things I'd like to get one for the boy....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are still plenty of Bravos to be had Maxwell. I think they made them right up to 2011. really tough to beat it for the money, also it only takes 20 seconds to find any issues when looking over a prospective used unit. Are you a surveyor ?

yep. weve got decent snow in alberta right now. didnt even pull them out last year but now dont have enough. would like to pickup 2 more. never thought about going the used route...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was doing pipeline surveying up north we ran Bravo's & twin track Alpines.... The Bravo is like the chevette of snowmobiles, love those things I'd like to get one for the boy....

the ones we have are 144. they will go anywhere lol. they have 2 tanks. i dont think you have to fill them up all year with gas or oil LOL

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got an 83 short track for my son. If an 8 year old can't tear it up its gotta be tough lol exception though is if MOM parks the outlander max on it while plowing snow!

yep. weve got decent snow in alberta right now. didnt even pull them out last year but now dont have enough. would like to pickup 2 more. never thought about going the used route...

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0198.jpg
my work sled 550F 20 wide scandic good power with the hi - lo transmission

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found when i had some crew working for me they were all pretty useless on sleds actually very useless. You need a good reliable sled and a good wide trail otherwise they will just piss the day away trying to keep things running, un-stuck etc. If you had a good person to babysit or are there yourself not so bad. I would go out on the weekend and put a good trail in for them as my contract was all production work...if you're power by the hour maybe it's not so important. Also i can't imagine a long ride on a bravo but short distance might not be too big of deal. I had the crew on Skandic WT's. Worked pretty good and always turnkey. We get some pretty tough snow conditions though always big snowfalls (except this year!) so sledding around here can be a challenge with inexperienced people. I've heard from quite a few that they have better success with crews on quads with tracks. The new tundra's look pretty slick too but not a very cheap route to go.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own a 09 bearcat 20 wide love and the handling and ride but it could use a 2 speed transmission to be equal with the scandic & VK540 and the polaris wide track I have rode all of them, SWT ski doos have best floation but really suffer in the handling

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We sell alot of the Tundra LT 550's and the survey companies seem to love them. They are pricey though.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Late 90's Tundras were my favorite. More fun factor than the Bravo, but way lighter to spin around by hand than a tundra. 3 pumps on the primer and they always started. Sometimes that was a problem as you were the only guy going to work since nobody else's sleds would start below -35.

Just found and bought a pair with reverse this week.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay away from the Bearcats. Ride a 12 570 XT for work occasionally, and it handles like a marshmallow that weighs about 10,000 lbs. Ergos ok, but gets stuck really quick I found. Skandics and Tundras seem to be the way to go.

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The low seat height of the bravos and older tundras is an issue if you have to log a bunch of time bouncing down a road. The new rev platform tundra is way taller and has reverse. The tundra had taller legs so was a little quicker. The older tundra LT 440 was a good mix. I don`t know if they still make that anymore.

Top Bottom