sledding in valemont, belongings got stolen!

crossfire8

Reaction score
hey guys and girls!

we spent the last to weekends in valemont sledding, conoditions are slowing getting better. anyway just a word of caution, upon getting back to the base we discovered our trucks had been broken into. we lost all belongings, wallets, phones, clothes, shoes you name it they stole it. we did file a report with the local detactment but...well you know how that goes. just a suggestion, even if you plan on leaving on a sunday or whatever keep your hotel room for a late check out or whatever it's much less expensive then going threw the hassle of replacing all your things. on a better note we broke the trail into morning glory, still really ruff going it took us about 3 hours to get there lol but worth it because it was untouched! plz pass on the word, so this don't happen to yourself or fellow sledders! thx.

GRD

Reaction score
hey guys and girls!

we spent the last to weekends in valemont sledding, conoditions are slowing getting better. anyway just a word of caution, upon getting back to the base we discovered our trucks had been broken into. we lost all belongings, wallets, phones, clothes, shoes you name it they stole it. we did file a report with the local detactment but...well you know how that goes. just a suggestion, even if you plan on leaving on a sunday or whatever keep your hotel room for a late check out or whatever it's much less expensive then going threw the hassle of replacing all your things. on a better note we broke the trail into morning glory, still really ruff going it took us about 3 hours to get there lol but worth it because it was untouched! plz pass on the word, so this don't happen to yourself or fellow sledders! thx.

Sorry about your luck!:( Sounds like you had a good day of riding though!:d

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man I hate hearing that, would just love to catch someone in the act!!

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holy cow you seem in a good mood, I would have been swearing on here like crazy yet alone give an update on breakin trail but good on ya...thanx:d:beer:

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that,, it really puts out a bad vibe for the area. Might be worth talking to the local club and having there trail fee collector guy possibly staying for the day as security. Just a thought.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Last year we considered pulling the MM08 in golden due to the amount of Break Ins happening. After I contacted everyone I could think (and others did as well) of they started to change their tune and look at longer security at staging areas. If B&E's continue in Valmont then we mount a letter witting (via e-mail) to city officials. I't amazing the effect it will have.
Was maybe goin to make the trip to Valemont late in the weekend but will make other arrangements :(

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year we considered pulling the MM08 in golden due to the amount of Break Ins happening. After I contacted everyone I could think (and others did as well) of they started to change their tune and look at longer security at staging areas. If B&E's continue in Valmont then we mount a letter witting (via e-mail) to city officials. I't amazing the effect it will have.

There's no time like the present!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I started with searching out the town counsilers on the internet, finding the e-mail addresses and sending them my thoughts.
Then I posted these addresses and my letter so others could do the sme with little or no effort...and they did.

It worked well.
There's no time like the present!

crossfire8

Reaction score
The RCMP have phoned us doing follow ups etc...so hopefully the town counsil of valemont is made fully aware threw the detactment. so as the saying goes lets hope the mounties get their man! "before we do"

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Steak out a truck/trailer in my opinion.

Valemount is known for this.

These guys got robbed two times in a row at the same gas station, reported it, the cop kinda had an idea who it was but nothing to go off of. He told the guys where these kids lived, they went there and broke both there hands.

M7Plus

Reaction score
one year in revy when the thieves were hittin the sledders really hard we paid the trail pass guy what he thought his wadges were worth to stay all day till we got back down and watch all of the trucks to make sure this didnt happen. it worked but not saying that is the solution. there has to be another way to keep the little pricks away from our stuff! mind you thats only half of the problem the other half is worrying about your whole unit(truck trailer and sleds) from going missing in the middle of the night.

bcboy

Reaction score
i hate to say thing just don't leave anything in your truck if so leave it unlocked they will think twice especially with a snake in the truck lol or my fav the bear trap ahahaha:d or the fake arm under the seat :eek:

Reaction score
As a resident and a business owner in Valemount I will take the time to appologize for that kind of crap that goes on here.......its discusting and really gives us a bad name......I really hope the sledders dont stop coming here because of this incident because we really enjoy having them here and i know they have a lot of fun on the hills......I do agree with the fact that the trail fee collectors shoud be running security and hopefully that starts soon.......Hope to see you all soon.......Willow Burl Cabins.:d

Top Bottom