Sledding Gear

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do one or two trips to the mountains a year and would love to have the best and newest riding gear available but just can't justify spending that kinda money on Klim or other high end brands and only use it once a year. Has anyone ever made their own set up that seems to work well enough for the occasional trip? Don't get me wrong, if I could make more trips I would buy the good stuff.

From what I gather, you need an under layer, mid layer and outer layer. Any suggestions on what works and won't break the bank?

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only other gear I have is my -30 suit for riding in old Saskabush! Had to wear it once in Revy and sweat my nuts off!

Hhaha I bet!!!!! Its always nice to have some layers to peal of for sure. I usually end up stuffing a sweater and my jacket in my pack and rocking a jersey or a wind breaker...

Last edited:

tmurphy

Reaction score
A decent pair of waterproof ski/snowboard pants, good qulity moisture wicking underwear, a good quality ski jacket, good boots, socks (smartwool) a good pair of gloves and mitts, layering is the best way to go.....should be good to go.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy one piece a year, and buy in the spring better sales. It took many of years but finally bought a pair of kilm snowpants last year. Still using my FRX coat I bought 10years ago. This year I bought boots and helmet. But try to limit one item per year. You'll get there.

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy one piece a year, and buy in the spring better sales. It took many of years but finally bought a pair of kilm snowpants last year. Still using my FRX coat I bought 10years ago. This year I bought boots and helmet. But try to limit one item per year. You'll get there.

Thats a good idea. Will look into that for next season maybe.

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A decent pair of waterproof ski/snowboard pants, good qulity moisture wicking underwear, a good quality ski jacket, good boots, socks (smartwool) a good pair of gloves and mitts, layering is the best way to go.....should be good to go.

I am going to try Work Wear house and the sorts, I guess there would be the same technology and materials out there without the hefty price. Especially for the under and mid layers.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what size are you ?i have a klim jacket in large i would sell for 100 bucks..you can where it anywhere even to the grocery store!!!pm if you want picks.100 bucks plus shipping...

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just looking at their stuff online, going to check it out tomorrow. It looks like it may be ok.

All I use. Top and bottom and a normal athletic sock. Never been cold due to sweat.

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FXR has a new mountain line out this year, i dont remember the price range, but worth looking into. Guy I ride with got a demo suit this year and likes it so far. But as far as a low budjet set up goes, i tried running a klim base layer under my old fxr stuff and i was still just as sweat soaked as ever. Gore-tex is amazing and worth every cent IMO

Top Bottom