Sledding # Down?

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
Well for me and the guys I have talked with and ride with, they don't want to go to BC and pay 90-140 bucks a night for a **** hotel. I was chatting with a buddy last week when Mcbride got a good dump seeing if he wanted to go out and his words were "f*ck it, I know the snow is good but i don't want to go, its not worth it, by the time a guy spend money on fuel, hotel and gas and food and drink its just not worth it"

When your economy is hurting guys hold onto those pennies big time.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think they must all be in revelstoke. I can't even ride boulder any more.

way too busy...

I have way more days in Revy than I do in Vale this year,
My different work shift give me the opportunity to go on longer trips and explore new areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have way more days in Revy than I do in Vale.
My different work shift give me the opportunity to go on longer trips and explore new areas.

You find a very busy in Revy like lilduke?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We actually thought ridership was down a bit this year in Revy? We ride during the week usually and parking lot at Days is emptier this year compared to last. We ride Boulder a lot and have had great rides even with the fog and snow but have the mountain GPS'ed and can usually find our way back to the lakes and good visibility. Usually a chit show at the cabin though when returning. I bet some peeps don't put 30 km on in a day.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You find a very busy in Revy like lilduke?

I dont know if its busier than normal really Im too new to the area, I just started riding frisby and Boulder this year, but there are a pile of 850's there.

Im just happy to be able to wander further from home to enjoy new areas.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been there and gps is pretty much a garrantee unless your leader knows his stuff. In the few years I have been sledding if you want deep snow and warmer temps you went to Revy. Bluebird days but cooler, Vale and McBride. You guys find that aswell?

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hiways have no shortage of sled traffic heading west. Seems like guys drive Wednesday and come home Sunday

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been there and gps is pretty much a garrantee unless your leader knows his stuff. In the few years I have been sledding if you want deep snow and warmer temps you went to Revy. Bluebird days but cooler, Vale and McBride. You guys find that aswell?
Never been to Vale or McBride but Revy is fogged in more than sunny in my experience over the 30 years I have been riding there. A sunny day with 3 ft of pow is one to remember for the rest of your life. Lol.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
images.jpg

back in the day Buddy !!

30 years ago :rolling:

Last edited:

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never been to Vale or McBride but Revy is fogged in more than sunny in my experience over the 30 years I have been riding there. A sunny day with 3 ft of pow is one to remember for the rest of your life. Lol.
30 Years. Holy crap man you and lilduke have to spread your wings a bit. Don't tell me that you have a really nice Holiday trailer ( on wheels) and have camped at same lake for years. Lol Totally understand though have had a few of those life time rides . Had equal number in that Northern country TOO.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take all I have said BACK:realmad: Sounds like I might be headed South next trip:rolleyes:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
30 Years. Holy crap man you and lilduke have to spread your wings a bit. Don't tell me that you have a really nice Holiday trailer ( on wheels) and have camped at same lake for years. Lol Totally understand though have had a few of those life time rides . Had equal number in that Northern country TOO.

I sled all over BC. But I live in Revelstoke, so its kinda convenient to ride here most the time though.....

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode in Revy, Sicamous, Golden, Fernie, Creston, CNP,Quebec,Sask, Michigan, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho and Colorado. Can't seem to get to Vale? Lol.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only places in BC where it took a sled and holiday trailer was Revy & McBride, other then that it was pick-up truck and sleds only on the deck too tour the rest of the Province.

Mackenzie, Golden, Revy, Shoe-Swap, Chilliwack, Chettwinn, along with areas close to Pemberton, but never made it all the way West too ride there.

New Sleds cost $7000, hotels were $65 ish, fuel was $0.82 per liter... That's alot of coin my friends, so sleeping in the truck was a must. $5.89 for brakefast was up there, but coffee was sometimes included. Ha.

I was a party hound back then, so the extras on top of that was about ish $400 too $800 over a 10 too 14 day stint, I liked the mountains so much that I booted the crappy idea of free spending and bought new sleds every second year.

Grocery store foods, staying in my truck, lots of gas, and 100's if not 200's of days off from work fuelled the dream of Free Willy. LOL.

The day I sold out of snowmobile heaven the costs were threw the roof.

2010/ 11 as new season end sleds were $10 ish, trail fees $15 to 17. Gas up to $1.25 ish and higher at times.
New trucks jumped from $30 G too $50 G plus.

Yuppers, had a good run when things were kinda in check, but the body and cash flow needed different ways of doing things out doors.

Less distance put me back too used frugal beat-up 2 wdr pick-up, cheap azz Quad with tracks, and close too home free areas.

Less wear on old junk truck, play area in 1 too 2 hours, 1/3 the fuel at $100 to $125 for 2 & 3 day outtings.
All grocery store foods.

ALL slow pace and relaxing away from humans, cabins, and crappy roads as my tire chains take me off the beaten path.

The real plus is returning home for work at the end of the days off.
$30 ish in fuel, 1.5 hr drive, nothing too fix on quad with tracks, and rested up for Monday morning.

Yuppers, saving cash, nill too fix, no expensive unit too travel, no trail pass, hotels are out as I sleep in truck, lots of bon-fire lunches, close too home, yet far enough away from humans. And full time relaxed mode.

Find what works folks as the freer stuff in life adds value too many more outtings.

Lem in the Eastern Slopes of Alberta between two Rivers with lots of wolf tracks this weekend.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well for me and the guys I have talked with and ride with, they don't want to go to BC and pay 90-140 bucks a night for a **** hotel. I was chatting with a buddy last week when Mcbride got a good dump seeing if he wanted to go out and his words were "f*ck it, I know the snow is good but i don't want to go, its not worth it, by the time a guy spend money on fuel, hotel and gas and food and drink its just not worth it"

When your economy is hurting guys hold onto those pennies big time.

Sounds like your buddy should take up knitting and quit sledding. We average our weekend trips around $350-$400 per and go roughly 8-10 trips a year (every second weekend). Some trips we've had epic pow where we are heading down by lunch, somedays the snow is hard as rock or soft as mashed potatoes. Every trip to us is worth it. I dont care how much it costs to go sledding because I love to ride.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had a bad trip either. It's what you make of it. Guys call me a energiser bunny cause once I start I don't stop. I'm very quiet on trip home.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode in Revy, Sicamous, Golden, Fernie, Creston, CNP,Quebec,Sask, Michigan, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho and Colorado. Can't seem to get to Vale? Lol.
You have to get someone else to set GPS in your truck. All those places and not even Blue River or are you wanted by the authorities up there?

Top Bottom