Sledders threatened with gun

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just picking on ya fellas that blew 2billion$ on the long gun registry. That is all :cool:
Actually the majority of that 2 billion went to enforcement which we still need to pay for. Numbers from the Government said that scrapping the registry saves maybe 2 million a year. At that rate it would only take 225 years to pay for the 450 million that Harper has spent on lawyers defending his appointees over the last few years. haha http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...hat-tories-claim-report-shows/article1461884/

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
145 k that's cheap can't get acreage here for that.! The whole idea of this is 99% of sledders are good guys and don't go around harassing land owners. That big alpaca rancher is a idiot period ! Ever been around alpacas? They don't spook to easy anyhow but that's beside the point. The sledders may have took a wrong turn but hey we don't need guns! A friendly hey if you don't mind stay off is all that's required. If they come back then signs and cops! Seems simple! This whole land issue is a crock, there is nothing wrong with cruising across a open 1/4 of land with 3ft of snow on it. If you are a land owner and you get pissed about that you have serious head issues!Irecently had a visit with legendary drag racer Don Garlits. He said by 20 years there will be no drag racing cause people are getting to uptight about noise and every other thing imaginable!! I questioned his reasoning on this abit but if you look around and read this bs it's not far off in this sport either!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFLMFAO Hope you are joking. It ain't your land and ya it was not bought for you, if 145 is cheap get some of your own our you can pay rent for crossing.
Like I said join a club, take part in keeping a corridor open and stay where you belong. Thank God you and your kind don't live close to me cause my kids and friends don't need to travel over your tracks on MY PRIVATE LAND.
Not an issue ???????? like it's a right to access any where you want.
Such respect for the propert of others - that throws the 99% theory out the window right there.
I suspect people of this opinion don't own much and have never had to start with nothing as these are the types that have no respect for what others have had to work for.
Really??????? please admit that you were just kidding.

Black Rhino

Reaction score
Bottom Line...the Sledders Shouldn't have been there. The Farmer could have listened before kicking the sled, and it looked to me like the guy that got hit in the helmet was trying to apologize and tell him they'd made an honest mistake. The gun was un-necessary, but I guess the farmer thought it was an "equalizer". That is why folks like land owners should co-operate with organized snowmobiling, so that sledders can ride on designated trails and don't have to trespass.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The classic example, at just the right time this weekend. If the amount of respect for other people we witnessed at the Blairmore Shell this weekend is any indication, no wonder the farmer wants you sask sledders off his land.

Truck with green and white plates, buddy from the back seat just opens the door, steps out, turns into the door a little (you know...so people won't see your wang directly I guess....) and takes a piss right at the fawking gas pumps! Didn't really make much attempt to hide it, apparently didn't care that most of the people filling up saw it. No word of a lie. This is the amount of respect these sledders have for other people and being out in public, un-fawking-real. Did those cases of Coors in the back of the truck have anything to do with it?....Wonder how much respect they have for closed areas after seeing this display. No human decency, there's a pisser 50 ft away in the store. Stay the fawk out in the flatlands.

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The classic example, at just the right time this weekend. If the amount of respect for other people we witnessed at the Blairmore Shell this weekend is any indication, no wonder the farmer wants you sask sledders off his land.

Truck with green and white plates, buddy from the back seat just opens the door, steps out, turns into the door a little (you know...so people won't see your wang directly I guess....) and takes a piss right at the fawking gas pumps! Didn't really make much attempt to hide it, apparently didn't care that most of the people filling up saw it. No word of a lie. This is the amount of respect these sledders have for other people and being out in public, un-fawking-real. Did those cases of Coors in the back of the truck have anything to do with it?....Wonder how much respect they have for closed areas after seeing this display. No human decency, there's a pisser 50 ft away in the store. Stay the fawk out in the flatlands.

HaHa wow one drunk guy from sask takes a piss at the pumps and we should all stay in sask. I get it the guys a tool and shoulda just went inside i could have told ya they were tools when i seen the coors pretty lame if ur gonna say that all sask people have no respect because of the way one dick head acts. i could go on a rant about albertans but im not gonna group all people together just because of one azz hat that i seen being a fawking tool so i guess i have enough respect to not tell you off even though i think you deserve to be put in your place but i suppose you albertans are so much better than us disrespectful saskatchewanians that you can group us all together

fox68sd

Reaction score
I thought that it was funny that the land owner wasn't even on his own land when this took place and assault is assault where ever you are . if you walk on my lawn and I punch you the PO PO is a comin,sometimes relax before react works for everyone ,sledders didn't hav weapons

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFLMFAO Hope you are joking. It ain't your land and ya it was not bought for you, if 145 is cheap get some of your own our you can pay rent for crossing.
Like I said join a club, take part in keeping a corridor open and stay where you belong. Thank God you and your kind don't live close to me cause my kids and friends don't need to travel over your tracks on MY PRIVATE LAND.
Not an issue ???????? like it's a right to access any where you want.
Such respect for the propert of others - that throws the 99% theory out the window right there.
I suspect people of this opinion don't own much and have never had to start with nothing as these are the types that have no respect for what others have had to work for.
Really??????? please admit that you were just kidding.
I do have my own? And I do use respect all the time! But that has **** all to do with with that dip on there! Just like all these other useless threads about other idiots. The land owners around here ( mostly) could give a rats ass about anyone crossing there land? It's usually a bunch of foreigners or city folk wanting to be landowners that do all the squawking, and I suspect that's what happened here! Really and truthfully it's whole lotta nothing made into a big deal! And yes can't buy a 1/4 here for less than 350000?sorry?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see him pleading guilty to lesser charges potentially, depends on what the crown wants I guess. Not looking good for this guy.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually he did get a slap on the wrist. He plead guilty to assault and was sentenced to conditional discharge and community service. The assault with a weapon and possession of a weapon were plead away. I am a firm believer that the punishment should fit the crime, but this just isn't enough for what he did. If it we're the sledder that had pulled the gun on the farmer i'm sure that the outcome would have been different. ( they were on the neighbors land so they would have just as much right as he did to have the gun)
IMO

Bringing this one back up. Good to see he got more then a pp slap out of that bull **** attitude.

http://saskatoon.ctvnews.ca/farmer-charged-with-assaulting-snowmobilers-pleads-guilty-1.2243886

Last edited:

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well in the grand scheme of things you're likely right. Loosing firearms privileges would be huge for someone like myself but not so much for non-gun owners. What I am happy to see is that the sledders didn't receive any charges out of that. They did a damn good job at keep their cool on that situation, a lot better than most of us would have after our sled getting booted.

Last edited:

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually he did get a slap on the wrist. He plead guilty to assault and was sentenced to conditional discharge and community service. The assault with a weapon and possession of a weapon were plead away. I am a firm believer that the punishment should fit the crime, but this just isn't enough for what he did. If it we're the sledder that had pulled the gun on the farmer i'm sure that the outcome would have been different. ( they were on the neighbors land so they would have just as much right as he did to have the gun)
IMO

I think the punishment was fitting. He learned a lesson as did the sledders, that's really all that matters.
He likely won't pull a gun on anyone again and the sledders hopefully will get permission next time.

Top Bottom