Sledders threatened with gun

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it was signed, the sledders are on the wrong. But if their tracks passed no signs then they did not know where they were.
Charges should be pressed on the gun owner. there is no call for that $h!t.

The area i'm in, if it's fenced or signed, you stay out. simple. I have found myself playing in fields to pop over a hill and see a house. I turn and exit then. I couldn't imagine some PO'd land owner pulling a gun like that.

If it's that bad put up a fence. then yes if they cut and cross it then it is fair game.

Unfortunately we do not see any signs saying "NO TRESPASSING" in the video. we can not assume or deny the riders saw any signs.

Tough call over who is on the wrong.

Proof that 2 wrongs don't make a right.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think it has very much to do with the location rather then the lack of respect for other people and their property.

sorry it has everything to do with location, sask provincial laws apply, not bc or alberta's. sledders broke no provincial law as far as the info given is concerned. land is supposed tp be posted, and a sign on the corner. gate was open and i can't see a sign and no indication of one from farmer. the sledders saw the house and left, we can only assume by gate at fence. probably the way they entered the farm. not sure how they were going to get out, without cutting fence.

yes common sense, would tell ya to stay out of fenced areas and yard sites.

SKDeuce

Reaction score
If it was signed, the sledders are on the wrong. But if their tracks passed no signs then they did not know where they were.
Charges should be pressed on the gun owner. there is no call for that $h!t.

The area i'm in, if it's fenced or signed, you stay out. simple. I have found myself playing in fields to pop over a hill and see a house. I turn and exit then. I couldn't imagine some PO'd land owner pulling a gun like that.

If it's that bad put up a fence. then yes if they cut and cross it then it is fair game.

Unfortunately we do not see any signs saying "NO TRESPASSING" in the video. we can not assume or deny the riders saw any signs.

Tough call over who is on the wrong.

Proof that 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Radio this morning said that the land was not posted "no trespassing" or "no snowmobiles".

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I post mine.......about once a week !!! Tired of signs being ,shot at,ripped down,shredded,spraypainted and having to pick it up in my fields somewhere......Not to mention the multiple cut fences....LMFAO.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the folks that have no problem with what the sledders did must realize that is your choice. Just as it is your choice to allow strangers to utilize any of your belongings without your previous consent. Just because some don't mind, does not make it right.
Snow usually lasts longer in town anyway, I think im going to back my truck onto some front lawns, unload as much garbage as i can, and start blasting some backyard snowbanks in the moonlight.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I post mine.......about once a week !!! Tired of signs being ,shot at,ripped down,shredded,spraypainted and having to pick it up in my fields somewhere......Not to mention the multiple cut fences....LMFAO.
mine wear out from sun exposure...I have to replace them every couple of years lol. it's not sledders that piss me off, it's the hunters. even tho my land is posted I find gut piles every season, I called fins and feathers to ask them what I could do and an officer told me all I need is a plate number from a vehicle on my property and they will send the $350 fine thru the mail to the registered owner. he cautioned that I be absolutely certain of the plate number and that they are in fact hunting on posted land. he said they do not investigate, or try to contact the registered owner, they just send the ticket.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ah yes mr gade, rules are different in alberta, you still cannot use unreasonable force, lots would like to though. u could catch em and do a citizens arrest, not sure how it works, at least the culprets would get charged, and a $2000 fine would get the message out rather quickly.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me be clear here....This applies to hunters quadders sledders hippies & thieves ETC........Point is it is pretty hard to keep it:posted .

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me be clear here....This applies to hunters quadders sledders hippies & thieves ETC........Point is it is pretty hard to keep it:posted .

freakin quadders!!!! i just can't understand why responsible gun owners would shoot up signs or peoples property, they must be the crimminals who steal guns and commit crimes etc.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Signs Shmines..... Come ride your quad around my feild around the shop....... You will find out quick enough I dont want you there. I dont need any god damn signs to tell me where not to go. Im not retarded.... If you cant tell when you aren't on crown land and when you are on someones feild you shouldnt be riding there in the first place! Get GOD DAMN PREMISSION FIRST!!!! Dont just ride your crap all over someones place thinking... "I wonder if this guy is ok with this". SO disrespectful. Buy your own farm. I cant believe people are still wondering if these sledders were in the wrong!?! Did your parents have to put a "HOT" sign on your stove when you were young so you wouldnt keep putting your hand on it over and over?

rgashkei

Reaction score
Again, this happened in Saskatchewan. You do not need permission to ride on private land on a SNOWMOBILE. Has nothing to do with Quads, bikes or any other vehicle. This doesn't mean you can ride in someones yard but you don't need permission to ride in an open field if it is not posted, period. Why is this so hard to comprehend.

You still have to have the respect to stay a reasonable distance away from a yard or livestock.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Again, this happened in Saskatchewan. You do not need permission to ride on private land on a SNOWMOBILE. Has nothing to do with Quads, bikes or any other vehicle. This doesn't mean you can ride in someones yard but you don't need permission to ride in an open field if it is not posted, period. Why is this so hard to comprehend.

You still have to have the respect to stay a reasonable distance away from a yard or livestock.

You can't ride in thier yard which is thier property... But you dont need to ask thier permission to go ransack a feild... which is also thier property. Here in Alberta we call that respect. I can see how that could be hard to comprehend.

rgashkei

Reaction score
Yes, that is the law and the majority of the people have no issue with it. The problem is with the acreages that are close to cities. That same law applies there as well but anyone with any common sense and respect would not be riding in those areas or even close to them.
Majority of Southern Saskatchewan is open, get away from the major cities only 15 miles or so and houses are spread pretty thin. I can ride all day and not come within a 1/2 mile of a farm yard, once I get out of my town and past the surounding acreages. I have childhood friends that farm 12,000 acres in the area I sled and don't care one bit if people sled on there land. They are also avid sledders.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is the law and the majority of the people have no issue with it. The problem is with the acreages that are close to cities. That same law applies there as well but anyone with any common sense and respect would not be riding in those areas or even close to them.
Majority of Southern Saskatchewan is open, get away from the major cities only 15 miles or so and houses are spread pretty thin. I can ride all day and not come within a 1/2 mile of a farm yard, once I get out of my town and past the surounding acreages. I have childhood friends that farm 12,000 acres in the area I sled and don't care one bit if people sled on there land. They are also avid sledders.

Im on your side! Again this post was about what happened in saskatchewan not any other province. People forget Saskatchewan only has just over a million people and Alberta has around 3.6 million. We have a ton of wide open land and on a good 100km ride in day could possibly cross 50 farmers fields which rant posted. That'll be the day when i sit down and get an RM map out and phone every single farmer to make sure i can cross there property when i know the law says i can! People just need to use there heads and stay away from farm yards and livestock and there would be no issues.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So in the middle of July, I can fire up the 'ol RMK, and go blazin through anyones place and it's ok?? :rolleyes:

As for your friends, I too don't have a problem with most. I have a problem with strangers. There are also some individuals I know that I don't allow access either. That is sort of the point we are getting at.

Why do you think poker rally routes are what they are?? It's because some people allow permission, and some don't.

When riding around home, in coulees that I have ridden for 25 years, I STILL ask permission. Why is it so hard for you people to understand that??

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It used to be that way in alberta and didn't need a stinking law to do it. Everyone was friendly and did give a hoot if you rode across their lawn they would be mad if you didn't stop in!!! Now these retards that move in would rather shoot you off your sled for driving by! I've been ridin sleds for 40 years and I will tell you people would rather cause a big scene like the idiot on video!that goofball wants respect he won't get it that way! A local lake in our area was a glorified slough for 100's of years until a bunch of urbanites decided to build all around it. They never though to ask locals what happens on lake in winter when they come for peace and quiet? Now all they do is complain about the sledders going out on lake?? Half of sledders are likely them?People need to chill or stay where they came from !

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Signs Shmines..... Come ride your quad around my feild around the shop....... You will find out quick enough I dont want you there. I dont need any god damn signs to tell me where not to go. Im not retarded.... If you cant tell when you aren't on crown land and when you are on someones feild you shouldnt be riding there in the first place! Get GOD DAMN PREMISSION FIRST!!!! Dont just ride your crap all over someones place thinking... "I wonder if this guy is ok with this". SO disrespectful. Buy your own farm. I cant believe people are still wondering if these sledders were in the wrong!?! Did your parents have to put a "HOT" sign on your stove when you were young so you wouldnt keep putting your hand on it over and over?

judging from your post, are you in anyway related to the wetaskiwan motel desk clerk. lol

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't ride in thier yard which is thier property... But you dont need to ask thier permission to go ransack a feild... which is also thier property. Here in Alberta we call that respect. I can see how that could be hard to comprehend.

spell check.....

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

why is so hard to understand how wrong that is... not saying the gun was justifiable... but laws are there because someone made a mistake not because people with a brain and common sense are everywhere...

on another note id like to see the hour or so of video that happened before the incident... that may explain a little more...

RobEG

Reaction score
OK someone call a wambulance for the poor dears, call up doctor care bear we need to fill out some hurt feelings reports

how about this, if people want to act like children and play dumb when they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar, how about we just treat them like children, give them a spanking (check), give them a stern talking to (check) and send them to bed with no dessert

Top Bottom