sled won't hold rpm doing hard donuts. Clutching advice?

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
loosing rpm's when cutting donuts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010 M8 2000'
73 gram cat weights
slp blue pink
straight 36
orange secondary spring

Holds rpm's (8100-8200) good except when I cut hard donuts. It will only tap out at like 7800-7900. What can I do to get the back shift I need to hold r's under this kind of load?

I didn't like the shift assist with my 44/40 helix. I've never tried it at this elevation with the 36...maybe I should???

I also pulled cords the other day. I'm still running that belt, but I've been taking it easy on it lately. I wish I could ride balls to the walls all the time! The belt might have something to do with why It won't hold r's but it never did hold r's riping tight donuts.

I wonder what caused me to pull cords.

-The day it pulled cords the snow was hard as cement. sometimes the track would break loose and spin like it was on ice. I wonder if the belt would slip because of this?

-I did see signs of slipping on different parts of my primary. How could I get more clamp out of my primary and not loose rpm? Should I try going up one gram?

Maybe I should try the cutler gold white? Maybe the slp spring is binding?

any suggestions?

Taylzee

Reaction score
I'm running the 71.5gs and it seems to do fine. Also with the 36 helix. You could try the multi angle but I think all it will do is spin a lot harder! The hard and soft snow around here lately is hard on belts (shock loads).

907Riders.com

Reaction score
Website
www.907riders.com
Doughnuts??? Post some video of this PLEASE...

As for your setup you might benefit more by going with a 46/36 progressive helix and bumping your weights up to 75 grams cat weights. Stock spring in the secondary works well from 0-4000 feet..

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
What do you call it? Lay it on it's side pin it and cut the tightest circle you can, as fast as you can. Practice until you can do them WOT. If I can't pull rpm with 73's and a 36 I don't think I'll pull 75's and a 46/36?

Top Bottom