Sled will not start

Colorado

Reaction score
I took my sled to the mountains, got to the trailhead and nada nada nothing. Will not start
2007 summit 800 adrenaline 151 890miles

I have no idea WTF could happen in the course of sitting for a week. I mean holy crap last week it ran amazing started in 2-3 pulls but today... Nothing

I haven't tested for spark, how can I do this?

My only change while sitting was taking out the safety device in case someone tried to steal the sled - put it back in today again nothing

Checked my plugs they smelt gassy and were a bit wet not drenched but wet.

In the last 3 hours I've pulled over to try and pull start nothing.

Makes me want that new cat that much more...

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try some new plugs and make sure the wires are connected at the other end

Colorado

Reaction score
New plugs and checked the wires they r fine.

The only I could think is the security key broke - this sled was running perfect last weekend.

How do I check for spark?

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to check for spark pull plugs put in caps get brother or girlfreind to wet hands and hold a cap in each hand give it a good pull they will let you know if you have spark if no one around to help just lay the plugs on top of engine and pull watch for spark make sure you pull it over a couple of times without the plugs in before you attempt to check for spark to avoid the stop drop and roll technique.

Colorado

Reaction score
Do both plugs have to be out in order to check for spark? I did it one plug at a time and there is no spark. But I did not try when both plugs were out.

My method - took the plug out connected it to the wire and tried grounding it to the block - no dice , no spark

I believe the issue is either the safety device female or male end, likely the female.

Top Bottom