Sled Thief Caught

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably but at least the guy gets his stuff back.

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say shoot on side of road and ask questions later. If it's not your stuff your hauling behind you and they know it's stolen by calling owner I say shoot. And who wants anything back If it's stolen if someone steals something from
Me they better hide it for 30 days!

Sent from my iPhone using

f150truck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good they caught him.

But doesn't this concern anyone else.

The police were going to stop him because the trailer owner didn't match the truck owner.

Police are scanning license plates and pulling up owners info at random without cause.

How many times have you pulled someone else trailer?

Do you want to be stopped every time you do that and prove its not stolen!

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good they caught him.

The police were going to stop him because the trailer owner didn't match the truck owner.

Police are scanning license plates and pulling up owners info at random without cause.

I'm sure you could sacrifice 10 minutes of your time to explain to the cop that this is your bud's trailer. If this process will catch even one scum bag POS thief then its' worth it.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Good they caught him.

That sounds like RCMP code for they know the guy and pulled him over to see if he had drugs on him.

Kinda like when they say they 'discovered' a massive stash of drugs when they pulled over a vehicle by Lake Louise for speeding. They guy wasn't speeding... they had a wire tap and knew about the drugs, just needed a reason to stop him without tipping off his suppliers.

I say good on the RCMP. I'd rather be pulled over once or twice a year to check my plates/ownership than have a sled stolen or go to jail for killing a sled thief when I catch him.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good they caught him.

If that is going to curb the rate of stolen property, then YES!!
Too many people bitch that the cops don't do nothing and then bitch again when they do because its an inconvenience!!!

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kind of understand what that f150 guy was trying to say.Cop's driving around running plate#'s
through the system without stopping the vehicle is a little on the questionable side,but with stuff
being stolen and transported on public road's on a daily basis by what other means can these "d"
bag's be caught?
I would NOT love the thought of being pulled over and vin's searched for no reason,but on the other hand
I would be thankfull the the RC's are out doing their job and searching for stolen property.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 yrs ago I traded a nice little 97 car for a 92 Polaris indy trail deluxe. did my homework and took serial no to Barrhead RCMP and Registries office, all is OK., fixed it up.registered it, 2 yrs later RCMP came to the farm and said it was stolen 5 yrs ago,???? I said I just put a track and rebuilt the motor in it, new windsheild and battery..he gave me 24 hrs to come pick it up.took off the new windshield, battery ..didnt feel right about taking track off it, anyway., it sat for 2 years behind Barrhead RCMP out on the open, seat now shot, motor probably siezed, I tryed to get it back. NOPE., one day it dissapeared, heard one of the COPS took it home? they have name and address of the a-hole that has my car, said its a Civil matter to get car back? so how do we protect ourselves from these assholes.,

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend and I got pulled over last year coming out of Revy after fueling up around 2am on our way to Sicamous. He pulled us over strictly because of the time of night. Was a d!ck at first until we both pulled out out insurance and stuff then he was the nicest guy. I thought it was well worth the 5-10min of "inconvenience" for him to check to see if they were actually ours.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What ever it takes. Maybe it will be inconvenient at times, but it is a heck of a lot more inconvenient when your windows are smashed in all your stuff is stolen. I just wish they would do 1pm cruises byes in the vandalized areas make it real inconvenient for anybody who is lingering around in there at that time.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cops don't actively search for stolen property unless it's business or commercial related.

I kind of understand what that f150 guy was trying to say.Cop's driving around running plate#'s
through the system without stopping the vehicle is a little on the questionable side,but with stuff
being stolen and transported on public road's on a daily basis by what other means can these "d"
bag's be caught?
I would NOT love the thought of being pulled over and vin's searched for no reason,but on the other hand
I would be thankfull the the RC's are out doing their job and searching for stolen property.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL,,, They aren't very interested in business related thefts ether. Had 10g in equipment stolen this weekend. Didn't even bother doing a police report...waste of time in this case....

aiden1983

Reaction score
Good they caught him.

I can honestly say that I have never towed a friends trailer at 2:30am. If a cop pulled me over for it I would do the same thing as I do when I get a ticket...... I thank them. They are doing their job I wouldn't complain about it if it happened once or twice a year. I did get pulled over twice in 1 km when I was a teen and wasn't overly pleased as they didn't even give me a reason but that is by no means the norm.

Top Bottom