Sled stolen!!!

hellbillyrick

Reaction score
Hello

My name is Rick and i'm currently living in Westlock, AB and early yesterday morning on 01/12/11 our sled was stolen right from our driveway at approx. 2:00 / 3:00am, The thieves never had a key for it and by the looks of it they drug it down the alley way a little before loading it, We just got a brand new regulator, light switch and light bulbs for it couple of days ago and we were gonna sell it and we spent 200 and some dollars to get it repaired just to end up having someone steal it, We have posted an ad on kijiji with a picture and i am hoping that someone on here from the area might have seen it or if you do to please reply, There are posters posted around the town of Westlock and there is a Reward for whoever finds the sled.

Hereis the ad:
Wanted: STOLEN XC Polaris - Edmonton Area Snowmobiles For Sale - Kijiji Edmonton Area Canada.

The sled is pretty easy to notice as there isn't many 1999 Polaris 600 XC's like it in the area, Also there is 1 Black Ski and 1 Yellow ski which the yellow ski is kind of messed up from catching it on something, also the wiring underneath of the handbar cover has been re-done and are tied off with two white zip ties.

If any of you come across this sled please call my father (Keith) immediatly at

(780) 264-7662

Thank you
Sincerly
Rick.

FLEMINA

Reaction score
damn thievin bastages, will keep an eye out for sure, fricken lowlifes!:rant:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not another one sorry to hear about the bad news do you have any pics at all of the sled i will be keeping an eye out in our area and on some of the internet sales sites for ya

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like meth has made it's way to the north country, chitty deal man, hope it was insured

Old Iron

Reaction score
Rick, get the Westlock paper today (Jan.17th) there is a huge article on the front page today and spills over to the 2nd page...I don't want to go on a rant here but I have no choice. The names listed of the wastes of skin are the same names that always appear on the court report!!! coincidence??? No and you know what? the two names I recognize are repeat offenders of this type of crime....I will not list the names of the adults..yes adults 33,30, 23 and 19. These people are very well known to the police and anyone who grabs the Westlock paper. WHAT IS GOING TO BE DONE ABOUT IT??? Absolutely dick all. The one has just gotten out of jail for a long stint. And will be goin back for this and many many many vehicle thefts in the Westlock area. The other (female) was strangely enough in last weeks paper and was given an absolute cop-out sentence by the judge...might as well had to shovel the front of the courthouse if I remember correctly. THESE WERE NOT OUT OF TOWNERS scoping out yards. Local little pukes...and not a god damn thing is gonna be done about it by our legal system. And the RCMP warns people not to take matters into their own hands----They even said if you do that you will likely end up in more trouble, and they are right!!!! Nice world we live in when you can't protect the stuff you work so hard for. Im not talking about extreme measures either, you even hit them with a snow shovel in the act and thats assault.

P.s. I know this is my first post, I ran across it while looking for more info regarding this. Excellent site and lots of cool info should have joined along time ago, sorry.I will be hitting up the "Old Iron" threads of course haha.

Old Iron

Reaction score
Ha meth, probly crack cocaine. Its a lot more exspensive.
x2= hope it was insured

The one caught (hard to say if involved with Ricks) definitely. But when you see the lawyer say "my client has no previous record, or similar convictions and has taken steps to get his/her life on track" and the judge hands a suspended sentence...you tell me who is hitting the pipe???

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just don't use a plastic shovel....to light and hard to swing with enough force to knock'em out!

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rick, get the Westlock paper today (Jan.17th) there is a huge article on the front page today and spills over to the 2nd page...I don't want to go on a rant here but I have no choice. The names listed of the wastes of skin are the same names that always appear on the court report!!! coincidence??? No and you know what? the two names I recognize are repeat offenders of this type of crime....I will not list the names of the adults..yes adults 33,30, 23 and 19. These people are very well known to the police and anyone who grabs the Westlock paper. WHAT IS GOING TO BE DONE ABOUT IT??? Absolutely dick all. The one has just gotten out of jail for a long stint. And will be goin back for this and many many many vehicle thefts in the Westlock area. The other (female) was strangely enough in last weeks paper and was given an absolute cop-out sentence by the judge...might as well had to shovel the front of the courthouse if I remember correctly. THESE WERE NOT OUT OF TOWNERS scoping out yards. Local little pukes...and not a god damn thing is gonna be done about it by our legal system. And the RCMP warns people not to take matters into their own hands----They even said if you do that you will likely end up in more trouble, and they are right!!!! Nice world we live in when you can't protect the stuff you work so hard for. Im not talking about extreme measures either, you even hit them with a snow shovel in the act and thats assault.

P.s. I know this is my first post, I ran across it while looking for more info regarding this. Excellent site and lots of cool info should have joined along time ago, sorry.I will be hitting up the "Old Iron" threads of course haha.

Good post.
I used to live in Westlock when it was a quiet little Alberta town. I've been back recently and seen how its grown but I was so taken back by what locals have to say about the drug and theft problems there. Sad that our so called justice system is so Fricken Toothless and Gutless. These Ba$tards need an old town country beating. Period!:rant:

Old Iron

Reaction score
I try not to over-react and be deemed a loose cannon but Ralph Klein was right in his words about mad cow disease "shoot,shovel and shut-up". Im curious to see how the trial is turning out with the guy near- Red Deer-? Who caught someone stealing a quad from in his yard and used a shot gun to "shoot over". I believe that statement but a shotgun's pellet pattern is pretty unpredictable and even if a pellet breaks skin at 200 yards the thieven bazztard can legally say he was injured. The owner probably was in his right mind about just scaring the thief thats why he didn't pull out a 270 winchester or 300 win mag.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I try not to over-react and be deemed a loose cannon but Ralph Klein was right in his words about mad cow disease "shoot,shovel and shut-up". Im curious to see how the trial is turning out with the guy near- Red Deer-? Who caught someone stealing a quad from in his yard and used a shot gun to "shoot over". I believe that statement but a shotgun's pellet pattern is pretty unpredictable and even if a pellet breaks skin at 200 yards the thieven bazztard can legally say he was injured. The owner probably was in his right mind about just scaring the thief thats why he didn't pull out a 270 winchester or 300 win mag.

the guy knight, is looking down the barrel at a possible 10 yr sentence.
the thieves got 30 days time served, one got 15 days and the third got a 400 fine. justice?

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your luck,,I know how you feel, about 10 years ago my wife and I were staying the night at the inlaws in Westlock. We were leaving the next day with 3 other couples to Yellowstone Park. Got up about 5am and looked out the window and no sleds on the trailer:eek:. My new Yami was gone and so was the brand new borrowed Cat:mad: Talked to the RCMP and they told me that the count for stolen sleds that night was 8 (so far ) including mine. The local Doo dealer gave me a demo and another buddy gave me his Doo for the trip:d

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i tell ya, if someone ever stole my sled/quad, or anything, i dont care the price i'd have to pay in the end, all i can say is he would be sorry he did what he did!!!!

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good post.
I used to live in Westlock when it was a quiet little Alberta town. I've been back recently and seen how its grown but I was so taken back by what locals have to say about the drug and theft problems there. Sad that our so called justice system is so Fricken Toothless and Gutless. These Ba$tards need an old town country beating. Period!:rant:

The Westlock/Clyde area is still a great place to live, but yes the meth problem is bad. I personally know one of the convicted, he was probably repsonsible for the theft of his grandfathers 2 quads. The kid was ran over last summer at a party because he is such an a$%hole, I need a 4' rubber hose and a bat and I'll drive the message into these scumbags. Sorry your sled was stolen.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Westlock/Clyde area is still a great place to live, but yes the meth problem is bad. I personally know one of the convicted, he was probably repsonsible for the theft of his grandfathers 2 quads. The kid was ran over last summer at a party because he is such an a$%hole, I need a 4' rubber hose and a bat and I'll drive the message into these scumbags. Sorry your sled was stolen.

So why didn't they throw it in reverse and run him over again?

Thieves... There needs to be an open season on them. A few years ago some methheads swiped my dirt bike out of our garage. Sorry to hear about your sled being stolen, hopefully it turns up.

Doo800ho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry for your bad luck..One of these days someone will catch one of these friggin' theives and lay a beating on them and just leave them in the alley.:d

Top Bottom