Sled or Quad Wedding

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had or been to or plan on a wedding incorporated into their fav sport my finance me agreed to my joking idea of a quad wedding at ruby falls. Just wondering if im the only one.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did a Jeep wedding, the whole wedding party was in lifted Jeeps. It was a blast. We had the top off and drove through town, we got a lot of looks and honks.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think that a wedding at Ruby Falls would be a fantastic place. Especially when the weather is good. You would have to be careful of the whiskey jacks, even though they are harmless. Then have your reception back in town.

I have been to a few stags at Brule sand dunes.

I have heard of other people talk about doing it, but everyone seems to fall back to the indoor wedding.

Good luck with this JDM.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that a wedding at Ruby Falls would be a fantastic place. Especially when the weather is good. You would have to be careful of the whiskey jacks, even though they are harmless. Then have your reception back in town.

I have been to a few stags at Brule sand dunes.

I have heard of other people talk about doing it, but everyone seems to fall back to the indoor wedding.

Good luck with this JDM.

we ended up doing an indoor wedding at the church only because my dad is handicapped and it was too hard for he and his wife to bring down his quad and his scooter. Good for you for having such an awesome wife to be! :beer:

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we ended up doing an indoor wedding at the church only because my dad is handicapped and it was too hard for he and his wife to bring down his quad and his scooter. Good for you for having such an awesome wife to be! :beer:

I know thats the thing is getting some people there but we are thinking reception back in ptown after the wedding just to keep the peace to all my non quadding relatives

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know thats the thing is getting some people there but we are thinking reception back in ptown after the wedding just to keep the peace to all my non quadding relatives

Bud, you only get married once. Make sure it's what you and your fiance would like. I am sure everyone will understand. My brother-in law got married while snowmobiling in Revy up in the hill's. The justice of the piece rode his sled up the mountain and everyone had a blast.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Oh yeah, make sure where ever the reception is that it's big enough for all of the snow and mud family to show up.............. Of course we will all bring our quads too......

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this both of your first wedding? We had both been married before and have 7 kids between us. Both of our dads were ailing. My husbands dad actually passed away 1 after we were married. For me, because it wasn't my first wedding, I wasn't too concerned about the actual wedding/reception. We wanted to incorporate all the kids and make sure our parents could share in our day. I was just so incredibly thankful to be marrying such a wonderful man and gaining such amazing step kids I would have married him in a mud puddle.

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bud, you only get married once. Make sure it's what you and your fiance would like. I am sure everyone will understand. My brother-in law got married while snowmobiling in Revy up in the hill's. The justice of the piece rode his sled up the mountain and everyone had a blast.

Just once, dam.........jk we discussed mexico and this suits us better.

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do what you are both comfortable with. I have always wanted to move iron. Not regular iron.... Drilling Rig Iron..... so me and momma, aka the warden, had a Kenworth wedding.

Warden & I in a winch-tractor, my 2 best men.... in pilot cars.... all lights a flashin, air horns a blarin... jakes a jakin.... tied the knot in good old Drayton Valley AB....... back in '95....... god I'm old........

what were we talkin about again?? Rig move.....?? Who needs a rig move??? ........

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is funny. We have been thinking the excact same thing. We were at ruby fals last summer and I said this would be a nice place to get married. Well After thinking of all the work invovleved and not being able to get family member up there. It was decided a warm mexican wedding would be the best route. Keep us posted

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We really wanted to get married on our sleds on top of a mountain, but it was going to be too difficult to get everyone there. So we settled on having the ceremony in Canmore surrounded by mountains. Then at the reception we both rode our sleds in as our 'entrance'. Our theme was snowflakes and we even had a sled couple on top of our wedding cake. We had a constant running of sled vids in the background throughout the party. It was a blast!! I say go for it!! You won't regret it!!

Attachments

• cake.jpg
    cake.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 30
  • wedding.jpg
    wedding.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 27

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There have been two weddings at Ruby Falls that I know of.

The first had something like 84 quads go in for the wedding. Lined up two rows of quads to form an ailse for the bride to walk up. Polaris supplied matching riding jerseys for the wedding party and all kinds of banners. Pretty cool and memerable wedding for for that couple.

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There have been two weddings at Ruby Falls that I know of.

The first had something like 84 quads go in for the wedding. Lined up two rows of quads to form an ailse for the bride to walk up. Polaris supplied matching riding jerseys for the wedding party and all kinds of banners. Pretty cool and memerable wedding for for that couple.

The eyes over my shoulder want me to ask you if there were any permits needed for that to happen seeing as it's a park.

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wife and I got engaged on the snowmobile, and Had her agree to engagement picture on the machines. But when i brought up i would like the everone to ride the machine to the chruch that got shut down.

Attachments

• Snowmobile 2.jpg
    Snowmobile 2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 26

BombardierBratz

Reaction score
We had the beasties with us at out wedding. It was a lot of fun! This summer my wife is bringing her wedding dress to the mud to send it off right! i will post thoes pics afterwards! The last picture is her peeling out, leaving me in the dust after our "victory lap"

Attachments

• Carol and Wayne Bosse, unedited 439.jpg
    Carol and Wayne Bosse, unedited 439.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Carol and Wayne Bosse, unedited 470.jpg
    Carol and Wayne Bosse, unedited 470.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Carol and Wayne Bosse, unedited 444.jpg
    Carol and Wayne Bosse, unedited 444.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Carol and Wayne Bosse, unedited 469.jpg
    Carol and Wayne Bosse, unedited 469.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 42

SwanHills

Reaction score
It is very popular in the Swan Hills area, why not you get to mix every one you love with what you love. Rudy Falls is an amazing place to have your wedding and if there is not enough room for the reception move down to the river on the lower loop.

Top Bottom