Sled not running properly.

Mikeymike

Reaction score
I just recently changed the reeds and the spark plugs on my 2010 Ski-doo Summit 800r PTEK because it was backfiring and not staying running at idle. After changing the reeds and plugs the backfiring has lessened and idles fairly well now. Around 3200-3500 still backfires, Bogs as soon as the throttle is touched off of idle. Seems to still pull good. Has anybody had this kind of issues before?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you check the compression? Was there alot of pitting and soot on the top of the spark plugs? May need some new leads.

jaredvh

Reaction score
I was having issues with how my sled was running and it ended up being that one of the lines from the DPM to the carb had came off. Didn't have exact same symptoms but it may be worth a quick check.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was having issues with how my sled was running and it ended up being that one of the lines from the DPM to the carb had came off. Didn't have exact same symptoms but it may be worth a quick check.
Small black hose on RH side of mag carb. Gotta squint to see it.

Mikeymike

Reaction score
I just had the DPM off. Sprayed with WD40 and tested with a 9v battery. Works like it should. Re-installed the DPM with new hoses and still backfires. Any suggestions on what else it could be?

Top Bottom