Sled Newb from Alberta

Riptide

Reaction score
Well I just got a 1994 summit 583 over christmas, I have been fixxing and working out a few bugs, and have been lurking here every chance I get. I is a trail/ditch banger currently but quietly prefer some good ole virgin powder. I would love to get up to the mountains but will reserve that until I get all the bugs worked out of the summit ie clutch shifting great on hard pack but bogs to 6500 rpm once in 2-3 feet of powder. I currently have and probably will my entire life have OCD, which is what has brought me here on my current search of mod sled information coupled with the 96 polaris XCR tunnel and and other misc parts strewn about the back yard.....HHmm custom carbon fiber tunnel??? Carbon fiber ski's??? I am not a mechanic or brillant by any stretch of the imagination but I have enough mechanical, welding and fab, and plastic composite skills to get me in trouble.

Well I guess that's all for now cheer's all Joe :beer:

Reactions: RXN

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many miles on the sled or since clutch rebuild?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Riptide

Reaction score
2236 km on the odometer. I have to have a look tomorrow but I'm starting to think the belt has stretched out, or the belt tension needs adjusting. I have had nothing but small problems since I got it. Hopefully I get some time to adjust the belt or change it, and take it for a ride.

The guy I got it from said he had rebuilt the clutch a year ago, but he was 300# dude sooo......

Top Bottom