Sled junky drop brackets

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We put a set on an '01 800X this year from Specialty Sleds. Seemed to work OK, but make sure you drop the front mount down too or you will lose quite a bit of weight transfer. The ZX chassis has a hole about 1" below the stock hole that just has to be drilled out from the inside of the tunnel. I'm not real sure they helped the performance of the sled at all; but it sure looks alot better.:specool:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the drop brackets make the rear sit higher? if so how much?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Shredder is right about the front bolt being dropped. If you don't all the weight is on the back 25% of the rail and you eat up sliders like crazy, I know cause I found out the hard way. I have a simular Speciality Sled drop bracket on my 01 RMK. Adds a good amount of lift to the back so the snow can exit easier. I would recomend this change.

Do you want me to post some photo's of mine?

We put a set on an '01 800X this year from Specialty Sleds. Seemed to work OK, but make sure you drop the front mount down too or you will lose quite a bit of weight transfer. The ZX chassis has a hole about 1" below the stock hole that just has to be drilled out from the inside of the tunnel. I'm not real sure they helped the performance of the sled at all; but it sure looks alot better.:specool:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look in my picture gallery; the Summit in front of the Renshaw cabin has them on it. Kinda hard to see, but there is alot more clearance between the tunnel and the end of the track.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My old sled 2001 800X 151 had one of these types of drop brackets it seamed to work good. Mine had it on when I bought it , I was told it had 144 rails with a 151 track ,sort of a poormans drop & roll.It sure helped with the attack angle. I will post some pics of it the sled beside it is my wifes stock 01 Renagade 800,136 if that helps to compare.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had specialty sled put them on a old xlt and I think it made a big difference in the deep snow and as mentioned above,It looked cool!:D
catmando!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
trailthumper, here are some photo's of a drop bracket and how we set it up on my 2001 800 RMK. We also went from a 151" track up to a 156".

Hope the photo's are helpful.

:D :D :D

Attachments

• IMG_5776_3.JPG
    IMG_5776_3.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_5777_3.JPG
    IMG_5777_3.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_5778_3.JPG
    IMG_5778_3.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 312

trailthumper

Reaction score
thanks for all the input, I just ordered a set from sled junkys they come with the drop brackrts and a set of smaller idler wheels,:D THANKS AGAIN you have all been a great help in making up my mind:D

trailthumper

Reaction score
I checked them out the suspenion looks great but the sled junky brackets are $100.00 and the KMOD suspenion is $900.00 so the better bang for your buck would be sled junky drop brackets

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to achieve with the drop brackets??? Keep in mind also the further out of the tunnel the rear of your suspension hangs the DEEPER the hole is gonna be when you get stuck. This is why I suggested the kmod suspension as not only does it give you the cool dropped although useless look but it also shaves off some weight and INCREASES the working efficiency of your rear skid!!!!

My Two Cents:cool:

Top Bottom