Sled is really boggy

Jimbara

Reaction score
2006 M7 EFI 153" motor is completely stock. service engine light is blinking like its overheating but its not coolers arent hot. really boggy like plugs are fouled. it only tachs about 6k and sounds like its miss firing/ being retarded by the ecu so i dont blow/melt down my sled. changed plugs, nothing. tried unplugging wire for ethanol gas, nothing got worse. Changed belt, nothing. anyone had anything like this. could it be fuel pump, stator, coil? Please Help before the season is over.

catlove7

Reaction score
check your wiring on your fuel rail these wires go to your injectors sometimes these rub through and can break because of vibration fixed one on my m7 this year but it would bog only once in a while was hard to find.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had an 06 m7 141,sled ran awesome for about 10 miles then all of a sudden started acting up,checked everything and it turned out to be the reeds.Some of pedals were broken off...sled idled fine but soon as u gave any amount of gas is sounded like running on 1cyl,and was missing....Check those out forsure..let me know if that worked for you..Good Luck.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had an 06 m7 141,sled ran awesome for about 10 miles then all of a sudden started acting up,checked everything and it turned out to be the reeds.Some of pedals were broken off...sled idled fine but soon as u gave any amount of gas is sounded like running on 1cyl,and was missing....Check those out forsure..let me know if that worked for you..Good Luck.

Had that happen on my 04 Viper, thing ate reads like crazy. cages were slightly damaged. and would burn the tips.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a bad bog on my 05 M7, couldnt figure it out. Checked to see if the servo cables were out, they were good. Then someone told me to take off my MBRP can and put the factory suit case back on, and it was the best thing I ever did. The bog is gone and the sled runs flawlessly. More jam now, so Im thinking my can must be pooched. Gonna try out a different can and see how it runs. Not sure if you have a can on yours, but if you do, give it a try.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with rudy, check ur reeds, had a similar issue with a 10 m8

Jimbara

Reaction score
No can on it. thinking about putting a Speedwrx. any thoughts?

Jimbara

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys I'll take a look at the reeds and the wiring on the rails. let you know when i get it fixed.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No can on it. thinking about putting a Speedwrx. any thoughts?

guys have said using a can on the M's had some issue's D&D's seem to work well with Cat
,also make sure u are running the recommended 87 octane.That was another thing have heard using 91 make the sled act up also.

DooCrusher

Reaction score
i have 06 m7 runnin awsome on 91 octane & mbrp can. must be lucky i guess, sorry your having so much grief. been riding mine for 3 years & never touch it.

SNOWY

Reaction score
I had a bad bog on my 05 M7, couldnt figure it out. Checked to see if the servo cables were out, they were good. Then someone told me to take off my MBRP can and put the factory suit case back on, and it was the best thing I ever did. The bog is gone and the sled runs flawlessly. More jam now, so Im thinking my can must be pooched. Gonna try out a different can and see how it runs. Not sure if you have a can on yours, but if you do, give it a try.

I did that, but ended up melting some wires to the boondocker control box, as the stock can was close to the wires running from the ECU to the boon docker box. cheap fix, wires were grounding out. but was getting fed up with my M7.

Week after I bought it the stator went. stopped during a ride and it would not fire back up.

Took it to valemount / blue river and it worked fine with the MBRP can. Took the stock can with me just in case things started acting up.

stock can did make it run better on the prairies though.

Last edited:

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the same issues with my 05 m7 when I put a SLP can on it. sounded good but definitely hurt performance. Stayed with the stock can after that, too expensive for experimentation.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check your reeds mine acted up a bit with the stock reeds i eneded up putting the v-force kit on it and seemed to work a bit better. never had an issue with the can on mine but I did have an issue with the ported heads and jugs lol

Jimbara

Reaction score
After sitting on it all summer i tore into the sled a couple of weeks ago and checked my power valves and they were a little gummed up and had some carbon built up. So I cleaned those up andput them back in. noticed that the cables werent even hooked up in the servo. not sure if they came unhooked when i was cleaning them or if they were unhooked the entire time. fired it up ran it around the yard. Seemed to run great. just need a little snow and some altitude to double check.

m7 carver

Reaction score
I would check and make sure your powervalve cables are not un hooked, we had this problem whne we bought my m7 and one of the powervalve cables was un hooked.

Jimbara

Reaction score
I found that there is an update for the servo. a clip that hold the cables on. 5 bucks or something

polaris700rmk

Reaction score
You guys say there is a wire to unplug for running 87 octane fuel with ethanol in it. I'm running 91 octane in mine cause there is nobody that sells ethanol free 87. And I'm hearing that for the best performance to run 87. Any thoughts. This is on a 09 m1000 with a bdx intake

SNOWY

Reaction score
One other thing that really smartened up my m7 was the 50 dollar air horn intake kit made by SLP. Just make sure to silicone the end pieces before mounting/screwing them on.

geez that sounded dirty, but wasn't supposed to, lol.

Top Bottom