Sled help

Froglegs

Reaction score
I am coming back in to the sport i am looking at two sleds right now and they are around the right price the first is a 2010 assault 800 with 1440 miles and a fresh top end update with walker evens float shocks for 6000 dollars and the second 2008 Skidoo 800R Summit Rev xp 146 track 2&1/4 lug and about 1300 miles for 5000 dollars what are the pros and cons about each sled and what would u recommend? help would be great thanks!:)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ride them both, find what you like, they both have problems, start reading the forum sites for both sleds, you will get opinions all over the place, what are your riding buddies riding, etc. read all opinions with a big grain of salt.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
at this point in my life my blood is yellow!

A few years ago it was the Poo color and before that it was a Panther skin.

I've ridden all makes and styles. Imdoo'n has a good point for once, (hahahaha)

The price on the doo sounds great here in Canada. Pretty solid after all the updates and problems were done. I have 3000+ miles on my 08 and it is still running strong.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya see if you can take them both for a ride. its totally a personal preference thing... Dont ask on this site what is the best machine. it will just start a war.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to say that that was a very good price for the Doo but then it was pointed out that you are from the states price have been a little skewed around here to say the least!

Froglegs

Reaction score
thanks for the help im going to try to get a test ride on them it will be kinda hard because the snow is melting fast i would like to use the summer to get them ready for this winter

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the track out closely on the Assault. They have a tendancy to come apart.

Froglegs

Reaction score
i looks like i will be getting a ski-doo it will be my summer project to get ready for next winter

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm thought out of the 2 the Doo was the best deal

My blood is yellow:beer::d

Top Bottom